hih!! looking to learn meet and discuss about dnb

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wafi, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Wafi

Wafi New Member

Hi!! first off I'm wafi I was born in Iran, grew up in Italy and I am currently living in australia. I am from bengali heritage. I've been doing rap music for almost 10 years and I was one of the most big artists in bangladesh underground scene. Since I moved here I started to drift away more and more from hip hop and got a really really fond of drum and bass music. I am still a learning and to me is a big challange as I come from being a hip hop producer and sound engineer (I used to run a small project studio)...but now I'm starting from scratch trying to learn drum and bass music as much as I can. I hope I will meet new people and learn more about this genre as much as I can.

http://www.2shared.com/audio/Yla6rTMt/Pills_and_potions.html

this is something I was working on...feel free to comment and criticise...I know it pretty much sucks and I don't know how to get the mix right...but any advice would be nice =)

2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

Welcome in Wafi
    You've come to the right place. Lot's of sound people on here that will give you some great advice and tips.
    Check out the production section for all talk production wise.
    Post your tracks in new talent section for constructive criticism
    and don't forget to check waffle section for who would win in a fight between a badger and a lamp post.

3. Wafi

Wafi New Member

ahah thanks man =) I hope I'll learn some stuff...I'm too old too figure it out by myself heheh

4. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

5. Wafi

Wafi New Member

thanks a man pleased to meet ya mate!

6. Bass2Dark666

Bass2Dark666 Member

dnb is dark. that's all you need to know.

7. Saftstein

Saftstein Active Member

Welcome Wafi!
    I checked out Pills & Potion. Really like the mainpart, has a great Liquid feeling. But i think the intro / build up could have more variations. E.g. you could go with completely different chord progression when the piano drops in. Also you could vary the sound of the Pad, e.g. modulate filters and stuff like that, makes it more interesting to listen to the tune. I really like the vocals, they could have a little more reverb (or delay stuff) on it, but that's just my opinion. Some people prefer drier vocals, i don't :p.
    Hope that helps!

Also i'm interested about the dnb scene in australia? I only know a few dnb producers from there, like Shock One. I think it's juicy that you stumbled over dnb after moving there :)

take care

8. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Welcome to the land of bass and unicorns. You'll notice that a badger can win a battle against a post lamp, but in the end aliens will eat popcorn.

9. Dusry

Dusry New Member

I make some damn good popcorn.