Highway-man >> I`ll Stay Proper chilled out liquid!

its there now lol! Listening....

Real nice mellow intro, sets the mood quite nicely. Lots of atmospheric sounds to tease the ear......
I can almost imagine this on one of those ibiza chillout compilations y'know.
......Nice breakdown, not too sure about the random vocal after the drop, IMO it kinda ruins the flow of the track.

Real nice chillout track though mate

cheers mate, really appreciate ya taking the time to listen, totally know what you mean about the vocals but i just cant ever help msyelf, i always add them in. Am only mixing on headpones at the moment so i can never get a feel for the bass so i always add them in to add more noise i suppose haha.

link me ur soundcloud if u got one.

---------- Post added at 20:07 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

ah just seen it.

Dude I do all my producing and mixdowns on headphones too! You just gotta take time to learn what they sound like, like I know when the bass in my phones sounds ok, I should knock it up at least 1 - 2 more db. Just takes time to notice all their faults

what heaphones u use? i got dt100`s which have basically no bass what so ever but i like that coz when i can just about hear it I assume it will come out ten fold on monitors.

Good vibes, would fit nicely in a chilly set I think. Could've used a few more note changes in the bassline, that's an easy way to change the mood. Some of the vocals I'm not sure about, it's not the timing, but they just dont fit in with the feeling.

Why can't you stretch the vocals yourself?

if you have to use headphones, check proper tracks through a spectrum and look at the levels, there are a lot of similarities in drum and bass concerning levels.

if you have to use headphones, check proper tracks through a spectrum and look at the levels, there are a lot of similarities in drum and bass concerning levels.

Cheers for the advice, where the bloody hell is the spectrum analyser??? I use logic.
I cant time stretch coz i did have logic 9 but used a cracked serial code for 8 as i dont have the original so when i got a software update it reset the whole bloody thing so ill have to wait to buy a real version of 8 and then reload 9 back up. am regretfully using a craked version of 8 right now to surfice.

no cracked software discussion! :p

um, i dont use logic myself, but i know they have a great Eq with a built in spectrum.

if not, download one, plenty of free ones, read what they do, watch some tracks through one, youll pick it up.

no cracked software discussion! :p

um, i dont use logic myself, but i know they have a great Eq with a built in spectrum.

if not, download one, plenty of free ones, read what they do, watch some tracks through one, youll pick it up.

shit mate i have just realised that i have been using it all along!! such a dumbass somtimes. I do however have a question about the anaylser. Do you have to minus the Db that goes over the 0db line if you want to watch the levels?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3231/2835135695_242e03e3d3.jpg

check this pic for example. becuase the analyser hits about +10 db around 50hz does this represent that the levels are too high here??

cool man, i can totally understand that, especially if you want to send you trax to get mastered they def need to be left with room to boost bla bla bla. Plus all your tunes clarity and clearness clearly backs up your statement as they are all sounding really nice and professional. cheers for the help.

Back
Top Bottom