Highway-man >> Dont Know

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Highway-man, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Highway-man

Highway-man Member

dont really know what to say apart from i have rinsed those two piano notes like a wet towel! weather that is a good or bad thing is up to the public to decide haha.
    any comments much appreciative positive or negative.

LINK

http://soundcloud.com/highway-man/dont-know

2. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

The beat when it drops is too crazy and a faaaaar to sporadic. Calm it all down haha.

It's like you're trying to get ahead of your self and be over creative. Everything is there mate you just need to heavily rearrange it. Make an obvious Kick - Snare rhythm. Unless you're TRYING to go for that hideous manic skullsteppy wierd approach :teeth:
    REMEMBER... Less is more! (not neccesrily but you know what i mean...)
    Just dont over complicate your stuff.
    The bass is nice and deep. maybe a bit of compression to give it some punch?

The track starts really well but sorta loses it as soon as you bring in the overly complicated bongo drum rolls.

aaanyway that all just imo!

3. Highway-man

Highway-man Member

nah thanks man, really appreciate ur comments, this track has got quite a lot of negative comments and in hindsight its making me realise that as u said i have gone a bit OTT with the drums. i have just started producing and already made a big habit of this because it feeds me up when im making it but in a few days i will probably dislike this tune. but yea anway all the things u have said have been taken in and i shall calm down a lot on my next tune haha.
    ez

4. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

Like i said... elements are there but just calm it all down lol. :teeth: