Highlights- Stephen Spykes [Liquid D&B]

StephenSpykes

https://soundcloud.com/stephen-spykes-v-2-0/highlights

Here is my track. I think It needs a Voice on it, but I don't know If I should sample a existing voice or I ask to my friend to sing on it...

About the wooble bass, I don't know If I should use something more violent with massive but I'm scared about the fact that it will break the peace of my track...

Anyways... What do you think about it guys?

Love the piano man. Not sure I like the drums, and the synth at the drop sounds a bit too loud I think. Like the little switch drop, very different. Nice job

As far as sound construction: piano,synths and bass' go its great. I have to agree with skuff on the drums though :/ If you had a punchy kick and snare with a sweet break i reckon that would make the tune. That white noises' cutoff could also start at a lower freq so its not at consistent pitch a majority of the time and is also a bit over used. But yeah you got a good basis going, keep it up :D

Piano and pads are quality, and the synth break down in the middle is very nice. The drums need to be completely changed though in my opinion, they don't compete with the musical elements at all, and bring the whole tune down. I would find a better kick n snare sample, and chuck a few hi-passed breaks in there to give it a smooth, rolling feel. Its also a bit slower than the usual 174, not that it dnb needs to be 174, might give it a more classic drum and bass feel if u bumped it up those extra bpm.

Back
Top Bottom