DnB High Society Cast Vol.1 - Fallen Gemini

Fallen.GeMiNi

3rd rate banger merchant
VIP Junglist
Yeah, I know, it's a little bit too much mixes from me lately, but that's just how it is. This time it's a promo mix for the new night we're doing in Prague with a bunch of mates, trying to focus on liquidfunk and dancefloor drum & bass, but don't get the idea of RAM Records stuff, more likely Hospital in the previous decade or Innerground stuff, after all it shows in the tracklist I guess :) Special shout to one and only @HAB whose liquid rollers mixes were a great inspiration for me for years and finally I've had the guts and opportunity to try something in a kinda similar vein. Enjoy! :)

01 Technimatic - Transference [Shogun Audio]
>> Bert H - Lazy Bastard [Soul Deep Exclusives]
02 Nu:Tone feat. Logistics - Bleeper [Hospital]
03 Blu Mar Ten - Headturner [Tangent]
04 Logistics - Colour Wheel [Hospital]
05 A Sides - Sugar Sweet [Sun & Bass]
06 Big Bud - Feeling Inside [Sound Trax]
07 LSB feat. Sian Sanderson - Overthinking [Spearhead]
08 Technicolour & Komatic - The Glow [SGN:LTD]
09 Air.K & Cephei - Duality [Mainframe]
10 Random Movement - Down Somehow [Innerground]
>> Tayza - Firefist [Playaz]
11 N3GUS - Fill Yer Boots [Hospital]
>> Hazard - Time Tripping [Playaz]
12 DJ Marky & S.P.Y - Mystic Sunset [Innerground]
13 Sato - Clap Ya Hands [Symmetry]
>> Hazard - Bricks Don't Roll [Playaz]
14 Krot - Fever [Digital Blus]
15 Dialogue - Won't Budge [Innerground]
16 Alix Perez - Melanie [Shogun Audio]
17 Dabs, HLZ & Need For Mirrors - Half Truth [Horizons Music]
18 Loadstar - Stepped Outside [RAM]
19 Future Prophecies - September [Subtitles]
20 dBridge feat. Vegas - True Romance [Metalheadz Platinum]
21 Apex feat. Ayah - Space Between [Hospital]
22 Logistics - Inside My Soul [Hospital]
23 High Contrast - Tutti Frutti [Hospital]
>> Dillinja - Twist 'Em Out [Renegade Hardware]
24 Bassface Sascha & Franksen - Style & Fashion [Blu Saphir]
>> Aphrodite & Micky Finn - Bad Ass [Urban Takeover]​

I'll check this out in the week, even though I'm not quite the biggest fan of some of the tunes in here. Having said that, it's always good to see new nights popping up wherever in the world. Big up your chest!

I'll check this out in the week, even though I'm not quite the biggest fan of some of the tunes in here. Having said that, it's always good to see new nights popping up wherever in the world. Big up your chest!

Cheers mate! :) Yeah, I agree, I kinda feel there's a lot of great venues in Prague and it's a shame people usually know and attend only two or three when there are a lot more clubs that doesn't get that much attention even though those might be even better for a specific sound or overall feeling. Plus there are literally tons of neurofunk orientated drum & bass night nowadays while no one seems to focus on the feel-good groovy drum & bass here anymore (even our own Liquid Flights/Double Trouble nights in Cross Club are more or less leaning towards the deeper/melancholic sound). And I'm missing that kind of vibe you get when you go out and hear guys like Marky spin the decks :)

shit, I forgot to leave comments when I checked this out. Some good blends from what I remember. I would say you have succeeded in showing some love to some of the tunes in this mix, as I will check them out for sure.

Also cheeky inclusion of Bad Ass was actually a really nice treat after not having heard it for a long time (y)

Some absolutely lovely transitions in here, man. Tracklist is full of some massive classics and even a few that I wasn't familiar with. I like that you still kept your personal style really close to the vest here, and made something that sounds really unique and stands tall on it's own. It's got a great amount of personality with the way the mix transitions from liquid to bouncey tunes and back again. The drop into Down Somehow really solidified that but wasn't jarring at all! Really a big fan of the transition from Headturner to Colourwheel. Levels were immaculate on that one, man!

The bit from True Romance through to the end was really impressive. Bring Space Between in along with True Romance sounded really quite lovely, and I give you props for using Bassface Sascha, love that dude's music. Made an excellent closer.

All around very impressive mix, man! This is a great sound and I think you've really found one that works well for you. More like this!

Back
Top Bottom