High pitch noise in the background

Code:Red

Defiant
VIP Junglist
Hi, I've created this synth but there's this really annoying high pitch squeal behind it, and i can't figure out how to get rid of it without changing the sound of the synth too much, if anyone can help that'll be great! thanks!

i find that when i whack an e.q over it and turn the high's down slightly it does take it away but theres still a very vague squeaky noise, and if i want to get rid of it completely i have to completely lower the higher ends on the eq

First thing I would go to is a low pass filter to cut the frequencies you don't want. I could help more if you mention what synth you are using and how you made the sound mate

i have this problem as well when recording my analog gear into my sound card .. i have cleaned my cables and everything.. maybe midi is a better soulution ?

Embrace the squeak - make it a feature. You listen to Dillinja stuff and there are all kinds of weird noises going on in the background but that is where the character comes from.

check your wave signal, what shape are you sending? and what range is said signal? high pitched "abnormalities" in synths are usually a conflicting shape/algorythm. Or the resonance could be too high, cutoff could be lil off...there's a 100 different possibilities that could and can cause these abnormalities. Like dude said though, need to know what program you're using and how you're making the sound

Back
Top Bottom