High End

Helical

Any specific plugins people use to make their high end in neuro basses a bit less harsh? Obviously I can located bad frequencies and notch them out but sometimes they are just a bit harsh and I lose too much of the sound.
A lot of it should start earlier in the process I sopose but once I get a decent sound sometimes I don't want to restart and fuck up the process.

Is it harsh distortion or harsh resonance? If it is too much resonance and EQ notch isnt working it is probably best to make the sound again although I know what you mean about not wanting to restart. After watching Future Music Noisia in the studio I got into the habit of bouncing audio of my bass after every effect I put on and naming the file accordingly. I can then go back to previous versions to fix stuff if necessary and also I can use the sounds for resampling in other projects.

If it is harsh distortion a multiband compressor can smooth the top end and make it more consistent. Any multiband compressor will do. Also you can try splitting the bass into low, mid and high frequencies and then use a bit of chorus on the high end to take the edge off.

The BassGorilla tutorials also helped me loads.

Last edited:
@Bart Barnes Yeah I always split my basses used a lot of bass gorilla in the past, academy fm is good to. A lot of the time with distortion I use Trash 2 so it mulitbands anyway, but more talking about the type of saturation to smooth it out. I've used a combo of chorus, phaser and some tape cheers @logikz and has seemed to ease it a lot. Cheers for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom