High Contrast - "Confidential" [inc. album launch party, this thursday!]

views

Easily distracte
VIP Junglist
Anyone going to this? Can't go wrong for a fiver!

Also, opinions on the album etc? There's some pretty sexy tunes on there imo, big up HC.

:inlove:

THURSDAY 16/04/09 @ EAST VILLAGE, 89 GREAT EASTERN STREET, LONDON. 9-2AM.
ONLY FIVE POUNDS ON THE DOOR!

DOWNSTAIRS:
High Contrast
Brookes Brothers
Syncopix
James Killawatts
MC Wrec
Mc Script

UPSTAIRS:
GOSS, RILEY & VIBERT!

"To Launch the release of High Contrast Confidential we are throwing a special one off shindig at London's East Village in Shoreditch...

Downstairs in the club will be none other than the man himself High Contrast plus special guests the Brookes Brothers, Syncopix and James Killawatts with MCs Wrec and Script for good measure.

Upstairs in the bar sees the return to the turntables of Hospital's legendary freestyle trio, Goss, Riley & Vibert!"

----------------------------------------------------

HIGH CONTRAST CONFIDENTIAL IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - HERE

Tracklisting;

CD1
Racing Green
Return of Forever
If We Ever
Seven Notes In Black
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Twilights Last Gleaming
Tread Softly
Lovesick
Music Is Everything
The Persistance of Memory
The Basement Track
When The Lights Go Down

CD2
Adele - Hometown Glory (High Contrast Remix)
The Streets - Has It Come To This (High Contrast Remix)
High Contast - The Basement Track (High Contrast Remix)
Omni Trio - Renegade Snares (High Contrast Remix)
Eric Prydz - Pjanoo (High Contrast Remix)
London Elektricity - Remember The Future (High Contrast Remix)
Utah Saints - Something Good 08 (High Contrast Remix)
ILS - No Soul (High Contrast Remix)
Missy Elliot - We Run This (High Contrast Remix)
Blaze - Precious Love (High Contrast Remix)
Blue Sonix - This Feeling (High Contrast Remix)
Basement Jaxx - Hey You (High Contrast Remix)
London Elektricity - My Dreams (High Contrast Remix)

nhs151cd.jpg

its a "best of" from the last 3 albums + his remixes (cd2), so i doubt it.

suprised imogen heap - headlock wasnt on his remix disc, i think its one of his best.

yeah man, that's a nice tune.

[youtube]CiY-MTrSO1Q[/youtube]

alot of people are suprised the flashing lights remix isn't on it too.

definitely looking forward to his new stuff [apparently his intro from matter last month was one of his new ones, fucking sick!] (y)

just got back, any1 else go? what did u think of the man himself?
sorry to say it but im really not feeling him at all anymore. Think he has sold himself out. Still like his old stuff, but watching him dj isnt at all inspirational anymore. Any thoughts...?

Had an absolutely wicked night. Syncopix and High Contrast played wicked sets!

Loads of birds, great venue, great people all round.

Love the man but...

I'm disappointed with this 'greatest hits' type of thing. Very disappointed. Obviously good tunes, but I don't think he should be making it, unless he feels he is finished? If he does that would be a tragedy, but who am I to tell him I guess.

Also it should include 'Days Go By' on it. Cover of the great Stevie Nicks!

I'm disappointed with this 'greatest hits' type of thing. Very disappointed. Obviously good tunes, but I don't think he should be making it, unless he feels he is finished? If he does that would be a tragedy, but who am I to tell him I guess.

He's making a new album. Apparently the Greatest Hits thing was to draw a line under his previous 3 albums or some nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNKW2STxRbQ&feature=channel_page

Personally I think it's for the money but fair enough, he's entitled to make some cash. I'll bet this'll sell a fair bit more than his previous albums, with all the radio 1 kids that have heard of him now.

Fuck High Contrast, it's all about Logistics & Cyantific

high society was a massive album

have you not heard it?

i dont understand how you cant appretiate it really

brief encounter, racing green, angels and fly, high society,

logistics is sick but he uses a very similar formula, when u listen through one of his albums he doesnt nearly vary his sound or be as instrumental as high contrast does

i personally dont think tough guys dont dance was amazing but if uv heard high society u will know why he gets the hype

Was a good night :)

Only really caught High Contrast and the Brookes Bros sets but they were both really vibing

Especially the Brookes Bros, they have got some killer tunes right now believe me :)

is this album coming out on vinyl?

Doubt it mate... most of this stuff is already on vinyl. You would be hard pressed to get a deal like that in getting all his best tunes for 20s or so.

Also High Contrast is great, and I'm suprised you'd like Logistics and Cyantific and not him... especially with tunes like basement track, if we ever, metamorphisis, racing green... classic nuschool.

Also High Contrast is great, and I'm suprised you'd like Logistics and Cyantific and not him... especially with tunes like basement track, if we ever, metamorphisis, racing green... classic nuschool.

I stated that his dj'ing skills were lacking, yes he does have some great tunes, but my point is that he just plays re-mixed pop songs basically now.
I think that logistics has just as many good tunes, more of which arnt bootlegs. Together, inside my soul ect....
oh and cyantific is in a whole different league when it comes to dj'ing. Doesnt even compare to high contrast

Back
Top Bottom