Hideous (Fortean's 1998 remix)

Like it more than I was expecting to! Not really my cup of tea style wise, and I don't know the original, but the percussion switchup at 1:50 is really well done, those mad sounds over the first breakdown sound like a peacock being strangled or an elephant snorting curry powder and wasps, but in a good way.

Fair play man, you know what you're doing.

Like it more than I was expecting to! Not really my cup of tea style wise, and I don't know the original, but the percussion switchup at 1:50 is really well done, those mad sounds over the first breakdown sound like a peacock being strangled or an elephant snorting curry powder and wasps, but in a good way.

Fair play man, you know what you're doing.

You what?

The remix is pretty cool btw.

You what?

Was never into Black Sun Empire really, not in recent years at least (few of their early bits on DSCI4 and A New Dawn were decent enough), and I don't have any Noisia records at all apart from the Invisible stuff (incredible producers, not mad keen on most of their music, usually check their tunes to hear where the state of the art is but have no real interest in them beyond that)

Fair play than man, that one's a classic tho, 2005ish.

Aaah it's the one that everyone thought was Pendulum & Sub Focus - "Triad Warrior" (Noisia Remix), lol, fun times.

Yeah, not sure I'd call it a classic really, I mean it's "old" but that's not the same as "classic" really. Definitely a great example of the big techy bangers of that era, but I never really had much of an interest in them at the time. Bassbin / Paradox / Outsider / Headz / Soul:R, Commercial Suicide / Exit was more my bag at the time. Remember liking this one a lot though whenever I heard it out (which wasn't often at the time, not down at the Bassbin nights anyway).

Back
Top Bottom