hide hack

i seen this b4 on other forums
wen ya have to reply or sumfin to see the d/l link

Oh, I've also implemented the HIDE tag. So feel free to use this when posting mixes in either mix forum.

For those that don't know, the HIDE tag will hide (o rly?) the link to a mix until you have replied to the thread. This does two things: #1 causes users to register so they can reply to a thread - #2 hopefully they'll say 'thanks' for something similar to make the uploader or linker all warm and fuzzy inside.

Woohoo! But, a little further down the same thread...

Just stick [ hide ] [/ hide ] without the spaces around your link :)

This was a quick hack I just installed, so I hope it works Ok, eek! If you get any problems, give me a shout.

EDIT: Turns out the hide hack is buggy, it's been removed for now, bah!

Boooo!

But I'm sure if you asked sdm or someone reeeeaaallly nicely they would try and get it working, that thread is over 2 years old there must have been a bug fix for it since!

Surely you'd want people to comment AFTER downloading the mix/tune or whatever it is.

Otherwise they'd just type a letter so they could download the file.

Surely you'd want people to comment AFTER downloading the mix/tune or whatever it is.

Otherwise they'd just type a letter so they could download the file.

yeah but doing it before means that the uploader gets thanked for bothering to upload the file...and then people can comment afterwards or something.

yeah but doing it before means that the uploader gets thanked for bothering to upload the file...and then people can comment afterwards or something.

suppose, surely the best thing to do would be to hide stuff to people with less than X amount of posts, so it would stop leechers

because if you had to post in the actual thread, then if someone wanted feedback on a mix or tune, then you'd have to comment on the thread without hearing it to get the file, and then post you feedback.

some forums hide if you haven't posted enough or read enough threads, but this would probably turn people to Dogs on acid, or dnb arena, which i guess the people here don't want

does the forum have a hide hack, as a thread of mine got summin like 50 views, and on rapidshare about 40 downloads but no reply!

your on about the "hide the link" hack that alot ,ore forums around the globe are using

its a nice vbulletin hack ..

heres the page n download if need be ** sdm ** ( LINK )

Last edited:
suppose, surely the best thing to do would be to hide stuff to people with less than X amount of posts, so it would stop leechers

because if you had to post in the actual thread, then if someone wanted feedback on a mix or tune, then you'd have to comment on the thread without hearing it to get the file, and then post you feedback.

some forums hide if you haven't posted enough or read enough threads, but this would probably turn people to Dogs on acid, or dnb arena, which i guess the people here don't want

There's a section already with these rules. 500 posts I think.

Back
Top Bottom