hi

Interesting drum work there, and the bass line is pretty energetic even with just a three-note variation. The glitch work is very neat too (it's something I'm trying to incorporate into my own efforts now).

My only deal is, the track just sounds like it sits in this one specific range the whole time. It gets into the thick of it pretty quickly and stays there, which isn't an issue w/ me, but around the 2 1/2 minute mark I was hoping for some divergent switch-up surprises and there wasn't really any, tho the bass layered on top was nice (if a bit muddy, was that intentional maybe?)

Simple compositions can be a strength and this track has a nice amount of glitchy elements to offset that some, but I think it'd be a lot better if there were different quick switches in the composition every now and then. Not that it has to follow the typical structure of a dnb track, in fact the fact it doesn't do that is a plus ;)

i agree. my main problem when composiong has been building these energetic pieces and then not knowing how to structure it. all in time, i guess.

Last edited:
Yeah it just starts to click and you get it. I need to upload some proper works myself, but it usually takes me a while to play w/ a set of sounds until they start working together as they should, just gutting entire parts of the track in the process. Personally wish I had better sheet-writing skills cuz that'd of helped.

You have a wicked sound tho; just think a little more about where you want to take the listener emotionally and the composition can really start to pop.

Back
Top Bottom