Hi I'm WAYZ

wayz

Hi guys, I've been lurking around on this forum for a while, thought I'd formally introduce myself.

My sound is very musical, kinda tech step/jump up vibe. I've just finished a new track recently which you can check on the thread on this same forum if you wish. I'll endeavour to give comments about other peoples tracks given the time and hope to become a valued member of the dnbforum community. :2thumbs:

Ez

Indi said:
Easy now geezah
@Indi

Dude you from China? o_O Hows the scene over there man? Been intruiged to find out as my parents are from HK, unexplored ground or thriving community?

Yo I'm from Hull UK originally, but I moved out here about 7 months ago. There's a lot of potential here, especially with the size of the country and the population. The scene is small, only a couple of cats doing dnb and breaks in Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu, and its only really finding interest with other dj's and promoters. However it is slowly starting to pick up, with a few big raves popping up here and there. See, the dance music scene in general is not very popular, the pop music here is all slow ballads and shit like that so dance music is unappealing to a lot of the masses, and also chinese people are not used to expressing themselves in public via freeforms, like dancing. It is starting to become popular though, with breaks, techno and hiphop starting to become standard music genres in clubs. UK music is very popular because the dance music scene in the UK is world reknown, lots of people from China really want to go to Britain but can't, so they try to bring a little of it to them. Hiphop has only been here for a few years, but to see the influence it has had on the youth here, you'd think it has been here for a lot longer. HK is a little different, they've had dj's and a thriving dance music scene for a while, due to the increase involvement and influence of the west. I could chat shit about it for ages, mainly because there is a lot of high points and low points. If you want me to tell you about more, PM me and I've send you some more info.

Last edited:
Indi said:
Yo I'm from Hull UK originally, but I moved out here about 7 months ago. There's a lot of potential here, especially with the size of the country and the population. The scene is small, only a couple of cats doing dnb and breaks in Shanghai, Beijing and Chengdu, and its only really finding interest with other dj's and promoters. However it is slowly starting to pick up, with a few big raves popping up here and there. See, the dance music scene in general is not very popular, the pop music here is all slow ballads and shit like that so dance music is unappealing to a lot of the masses, and also chinese people are not used to expressing themselves in public via freeforms, like dancing. It is starting to become popular though, with breaks, techno and hiphop starting to become standard music genres in clubs. UK music is very popular because the dance music scene in the UK is world reknown, lots of people from China really want to go to Britain but can't, so they try to bring a little of it to them. Hiphop has only been here for a few years, but to see the influence it has had on the youth here, you'd think it has been here for a lot longer. HK is a little different, they've had dj's and a thriving dance music scene for a while, due to the increase involvement and influence of the west. I could chat shit about it for ages, mainly because there is a lot of high points and low points. If you want me to tell you about more, PM me and I've send you some more info.

Nice one man, I mean big or small , it's good to hear that D&B is definately making an impact globally. I would definately be interested in trying to push D&B out in China/HK at a later date, people need to know about this music :lol:

Back
Top Bottom