DnB Hey There~ What equipment do I start with?

Souled In

I'm new.

I have an AMD amd radeon 6480G 512, realtek.

I want to start with the bare minimum and see what I can get away with in terms of, I guess, latency.

So far I have studio headphones and software.

I need a controller, what do I need to look for in it? I would like a wheel that can cover many octaves, is that possible?

Do I need an interface?

Is it possible to replace a sound card in a laptop? Is there an easy way to test latency?

I'd like a drum machine for hands on, since I'm ADD and can't stare at a screen long.

I have one Yamaha 80 monitor, and the other one I kicked a hole in the cone accidentally. Any cheap place to repair?

In the future I'll use a microphone, sort of like Roni Size, but not until I make the music sound good.

Cheap budget, I'm actually in school getting a masters in counseling and getting by on student loans and assistantship money.

Thank you so so much. And I apologize if this is in the wrong section..

Hope all is well

I haven't read what you wrote, but I assume it's about production. Try using the production sub forum you may have more luck. I don't produce so can't help really, although generally you can just use a DAW and do it all digitally I believe

Oh this troll again.

I seem to see a pattern now of I believe one person asking random questions about production that dont really make sense

I'm just asking what equipment to buy.

And I think I'd need more than 3 posts to be considered a troll.

OH!

OH MY GOSH HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON I GET IT NOW

"And then he left"

I haven't read what you wrote, but I assume it's about production. Try using the production sub forum you may have more luck. I don't produce so can't help really, although generally you can just use a DAW and do it all digitally I believe

Would you like to read my original post now? Come on man!

I'm just asking what equipment to buy.

And I think I'd need more than 3 posts to be considered a troll.

OH!

OH MY GOSH HE WAS TALKING ABOUT HIMSELF IN THE THIRD PERSON I GET IT NOW

"And then he left"

Sorry mate but someone keeps popping up on here from time to time under different user names asking the same kinda noobish questions that seem to waffle on

well to be honest you dont really NEED any equipment to start out, you will figure out what you need as you progress. but the most useful things I think are a midi keyboard for producing and a mixing board for mixing

Back
Top Bottom