Hey please let me know what you think of my tune! Irie drum n bass

VIP HACKS DNB

Click here and click on the tune "Under Mi Sensi" on the myspace player.

It's pretty irie, sort of junglish, mixes very well with Jump Up. If you take a look at some of the other tunes on there, me and my crew are pretty new to producing. I use FL Studio 9, my homie uses Reason 4. We're both relatively new to producing, still learning but starting to get the idea down.

This tune in particular (Under Me Sensi) is a Barrington Levi remix I threw together with a fat bass and drums made by myself, with a few other original sounds here and there. I'm not too comfortable with Mastering yet, but I'm getting there.

The tune from what I can tell from mixing it, sounds pretty fucking good if you ask me, but that's why I'm asking you! So please let me know what you think!

Thanks!:)

Last edited:
ah right i see it, ill get back to you later today with what i though about it

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

right, i bet it works well in the dance, but as a track on its own it doesnt offer much in way of surprises. pretty repetitive, but you did get a good sound to the break and the bass.

Thanks for the feedback! It's fun to mix when single dropped. As it builds up with jump up (which I usually spin) once the vocals hit with the vibe of the tune, it definitely sounds good. I'm not too fond of the intro which on it's own, seems to effect the fulfillment of the drop. I guess cause I always mix it in and don't really plan on starting a set with it, I haven't put as much work as I probably should in the intro. It was originally a jump up tune with some wobbles, but the vocals and the bass just suited the drums and it all kind of fell into place.

Thanks again though. Probably the first time I've gotten feedback on a tune that wasn't where it needs work. I'd like to think it's done, for what it's worth, so to know it's at least somewhat a real tune in ways, makes me satisfied with it.

the vocal are out of phrase in places. that threw me a bit, listen to the original and you'll see what i mean. thats a bit of a pet hate for me, but apart from that it sounds fine. myspace is such shite quality though, get it up on soundclound.

sound

Yeah the different phases of the vocals was intentional. I just thought the guy who sounds like Sean Paul, not only spoke more clearly but also fit for the drop a little better. I used an acapella of the tune, opened that with a program I use called Wavosaur, and I don't know, just sort of fell together like that.

Back
Top Bottom