Hey guys! First post and attempt at making DNB(Not first attempt at producing though)

JVMA

Hey guys,

Just to introduce myself. I'm JVMA and I'm from London. I do producing as a hobby more so than something I want to do with my career as I'm currently studying my A levels which takes out too much time in the day to allow me to sit down and produce a good quality track. This is to the extent where I still havent grasped the art of mastering (I've attempted to produce for two years)! Anyway, here's my first REAL attempt at Drum and Bass. Hopefully you will all like it! Would love to hear some feedback. Btw, feel free to PM me to ask for feedback. I gotta return a favour :)

Peace!

Re: Hey guys! First post and attempt at making DNB(Not first attempt at producing tho

work on your mixdown, drop everything down to zero, bring up the precussion and get it FAT with the bass, then bring everythign else in, its ok for a first attempt, need more variation to, keep at it!

Re: Hey guys! First post and attempt at making DNB(Not first attempt at producing tho

not feelin the church organ or what that is at all man lol. I see where ur going with the bass but i think u need to work alot more with the synthesis.. and as miszt said the mixdown.
and ur drums need work, need more than jsut kick, snare and a flat hihat pattern;P MY stuff was not any beter at my first tracks man;P so ye not bad for a first try

cheers guys! Any of you guys got any advice to help me with my mixdown? I've EQ'd it and stuff... would like to know if compression is neccessary, and also how I go about bringing the mix down to 0db? I've tried doing it with tracks in the past and they just sound quiet when I export them as an mp3.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

"but i think u need to work alot more with the synthesis" - How do you mean lol? Would love to hear some synthesis tips :)

Back
Top Bottom