Hey dogs, helps me with a project.

moriaty

VIP Junglist
ez all
so im working on an paper where i attempt to examine the current internet production communities, and the affect they have on the music scene.
Anyway, i wont bore you too much with it. But you can help me by listening to the following two samples, and give me some comments. Each link is a short 8 bar loop (repeated twice) of a drop.
Sample 1
Sample 2
Just a point here: im not looking for production advice or any bigging up of any sort. What would be most helpful is to comment on the production level of each sample, the composition/sound selection, and also on how experienced you believe the producer of each sample to be.
btw, the clips are really short and you can stream them, no need to download.
So yeah, it would be very useful for me if you could spare couple of minutes, and drop some some comments as above.
many thanks (y)

second one sounds more experienced to me
bass is more satisfying also beats and synth sounds are in harmony
side note: that bit at the back sounds just like the filtering synth in calyxteebee - dual processed (around 3:15)

first one is keeping things simple - just a break some synths and a voice stab keeps going. not creative enough for me, sounds like prodigy's old demos

tune 1 - not rubbish by a long way but sounds like it hasnt been eq'd properly and the bass is ok, but simple

tune 2 - nice clean crisp eq'd, bass is more "pro"

so id say tune 2 is by a pro.

second one really does sound more proffessional. sounds "fuller", ie the mixdown is way better and louder. composition is good on both id guess.

Back
Top Bottom