Hex - Make your feet move [DEEP]

Haha, that´s not DnB. Oh well, I can give you feedback any way. All in all decent mix. Some things which caught my attention: 1)sweep at 1:10 is very noisy and not smooth 2)some elements seem to be competing with each other like kick and bass(btw bass has a little too much distortion) 3)piano could be brighter.

Hello Everyone, i've posted a track here before, here is my latest track, any feedback is welcome.

Not a problem, but be sure to take time to give at least three or four people feedback too. Just give an honest opinion even if your not an expert on the subject. Your not the first house guy to come here, and the last one helped out a lot and we helped him too.

So for the most part the mix sounds ok. The first thing that comes to mind is your hats. They could use some processing. Some mild distortion and maybe slight panning could make the track sound better. Another thing you could use is some slight modulation on somethings to make the song feel like it progressing. Little fx sounds could also help, but not to many. For what ever reason at 3:05 when the bass comes in it sounds out of place.
Overall, your track has a groovy feeling and fun atmosphere. I love your piano too.

It's a nice track, and it feels nice, but i hear something cracking, and not a good cracking.
I just listened again, and it's from those deep plucky things in the beginning, they have a distorted crack, which sounds weird to me..
Also, the voice seems to be out of time. The way it hits now doesn't feel right

I like it. It's original without being too weird, even though I like weird stuff, and there's the right amount of variations.

The white noise riser bit near the end doesn't flow that well. I would play about with that bit and maybe a few bars before it to try and make the transition into the riser smoother.
Also, (really minor thing, but I'm fussy about piano) your piano chords are all played as first inversion triads with the same root-third-five-(7) voicing. It works well for this track, but it's worth experimenting with different inversions in future.

Back
Top Bottom