DnB here's my latest track

Rebbo

Hey guys, I don't really know how to categorize my track and I was hoping you could help :P

So here's my track

hope you like it and give me some constructive criticism so i can get better :)

maschinistom

VIP Junglist
hello rebbo, nice track with a much different approach, good! i like your tune, esp. the start/stop effect in the short breaks and cat-screaming synth :). imo, the drums need work, need to be more in front, try some EQ and transient shaping. i also feel the track needs more stereo imaging but it could be my system i'm listening on right now. good tune, mate! go on make it better! :2thumbs:

PS: beware of trolls in this forum who claim to know about producing but have no clue, esp. those with zero manners! ;)

Last edited:

momentuk

this is cool! the drums sounds quite muddy to me, the kick and snare could do with being louder, and have more mid-range and high end presence. reference to similar style tracks, that can help you A/B really quickly to see where you drums lack against professional sounding tracks. hope this helps!

Rebbo

hello rebbo, nice track with a much different approach, good! i like your tune, esp. the start/stop effect in the short breaks and cat-screaming synth :). imo, the drums need work, need to be more in front, try some EQ and transient shaping. i also feel the track needs more stereo imaging but it could be my system i'm listening on right now. good tune, mate! go on make it better! :2thumbs:

PS: beware of trolls in this forum who claim to know about producing but have no clue, esp. those with zero manners! ;)
Thanks dude!

I'll try that transient shaping immediately (never tried that :oops:) and thanks for the notice!

Rebbo

this is cool! the drums sounds quite muddy to me, the kick and snare could do with being louder, and have more mid-range and high end presence. reference to similar style tracks, that can help you A/B really quickly to see where you drums lack against professional sounding tracks. hope this helps!
Thanks! i'll put more effort in the drums, definitely helpfull!

JamesDetached

I like the idea you're going for there's just a few things that I think could do with some work. The overall mix is a little muddy, I'd say work on the top end first (hats etc) maybe use a high pass filter on them and try EQ them slightly tighter, Same with the snare it's a little splashy for my liking maybe taper off the end of it a little bit so It's more snappy. Bassline isn't really coming through on my monitors maybe layer it with a sine wave? (I am using HS8's and with my setup the bass feedback I receive is not particularly strong so it could be that.

Overall I like the idea you're going for I think just EQ'ing and working on the structure itself as the intro threw me a little off, maybe stick to a conventional 1:10 intro with a progression keeping the listener hooked.

Kyba

Mew Nember
There's a lot of pumping going. Have you sidechained everything to the kick, or put a heavy compressor/limiter on the master channel? Sounds like your kick is destroying the mix.
Also I don't like how the track switches between filtered/unfiltered so often so suddenly in the second drop.

Rebbo

There's a lot of pumping going. Have you sidechained everything to the kick, or put a heavy compressor/limiter on the master channel? Sounds like your kick is destroying the mix.
Also I don't like how the track switches between filtered/unfiltered so often so suddenly in the second drop.
Wow crazy you guessed almost everything i did thank for the critic :P

Dissentdnb

Without reiterating too much what's been said the kick is a problem, too loud and needs sidechaining with the sub. I almost think it would work without drums as I really like the chillness of the rest of the song, think I could fall asleep to it lol.