DnB Here's a track I made (Chin Punch - Anti-Christ)

I'm not expert but I'll give you my two cents dude.

Intro I like the drums lurking in the background and the synth. I'm a little on the fence about the chord progression during the intro but it does work (I'm just more into the darker sound overall when it comes to this kind of sub-genre) The build up I like a lot the energy really builds well.

The vocal sample choice before the drop sounds a little bit dry, I'd probably add a ton of reverb on it and a delay with a reverse crash after to lead into the main hook.

I like the main hook, the mid-bass sounds are on point, the variation after the first 32 does pick things up and keep it interesting.

The bass sound at 2:14-2:17 I am a HUGE fan off, If you could add more of that type of bass I'd deffinitely be digging it more.

The breakdown sounds clean and does a good job of bringing the energy back in with the low pass drum rise.

Overall I like this a lot (has a very noisia esque feel) I just feel like the one thing that for me is sapping the energy is your first 4 bars of the drop (the bass structure with the 3 hits then synth shot) I think if that was a little more intense at the beginning of every section the energy would pick up a lot!

Mixdown quality overall sounds good through my HS8's.

Keep us updated!

If you could feedback me too dude that would be much appreciated https://dnbforum.com/threads/james-detached-the-siren-tech-project-feedback-needed.193630/

Hey mate, thanks so much for your detailed feedback. I uploaded this a few days ago and you're the only person so far who has actually shared a constructive opinion so I really appreciate that.

I've been out of the scene for a long time so am tackling this from an old school stand point but I'm glad you liked some of the elements and weren't bored by it.

Glad you liked the build and I get what you're saying about the vocal sample. Truth be told I have an unhealthy fear of reverb, I find it very hard to control and sound natural.

I'm happy it sounds good through your monitors, that's a nice surprise as I made this on a Laptop with headphones. I have another track I'm working on which should be ready soon. I'll put a link on here when it's done.

I'll take a listen to your tune this afternoon when I'm on my laptop, look forward to hearing it!

Back
Top Bottom