Here to Spread Love

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by holohedron, Aug 22, 2014.

1. holohedron

holohedron Member

2. smoothassilk

smoothassilk Active Member

Very nice, reminds me a little of calyx and teebee.

Only minor things I might say are that the drop seems a tad muddy, but I think that's just because I like tracks with a lot of space in them, and possibly the second half of the build could use some sort of riser/faller as a common thread throughout the whole section to build extra tension.

Probably nothing though, I just always try and say something to be improved.

3. holohedron

holohedron Member

Thank you very much, that's a huge compliment.. the calyx & teebee part!

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Cool song, I do not like the the snare flutter. Does not sound right to me. The vocals are cool. Bass sounds nice. I really enjoy all the fx going on too. No real complaints.

5. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

Quite like the build to the drop
    The drops quite dark, the beats need to be quantised though, they arent all hitting exactly at the same time
    The amen? is it in the background sounds too distorted its taking too many frequencies up i think
    The tune itself with a good mix and the drums sorted could be pretty decent mate

Good work

6. holohedron

holohedron Member

Thanks, IV4, can you point out a time in the track so i can know exactly what you mean by snare flutter? I think I know but I'd like to be sure. Just out of curiosity.

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Actually, Zeal explained it better than me. I call the snare tic a tock in between the two major hits flutter. So it is the whole way thru the drop. Think 1-kick 2snare, tic a tock, kick 4-snare. Your tic a toc is off and does not sit right. I'm not sure off the technical term but if it were a real drum it would be the bounce after the hit.

8. holohedron

holohedron Member

Hmm, I know the part you mean. It sounds fine to me, it was actually part of the break I based the beat on, so idk. I guess it's a matter of taste.
    Thanks for taking the time to comment though :)

9. mykeythemusic

mykeythemusic New Member

I really like it mate, it definitely carries alot of weight.. My only 2 suggestions I can think of really is the vocal that kicks in at 1.57ish could be pulled back so the drop lands on it? Also, maybe 4 bars before the drop have it near silent to add more punch when the drop does kick in? Maybe have that vocal infact 4 bars before the drop. Get everyone on the dance floor standing to attention!

Great beat man :)

10. holohedron

holohedron Member

Thanks! You know, my first instinct was of course to have the vocal drop at the beginning, and i tried it out, and found that it just seemed to have more impact if it came in a bit later. Thank you for the kind words.

Holo