helpings

hyperd4eva

H&M SCARVES
VIP Junglist
easy all,

as a few of you probably know i have now gone digital. I know its probably fucking easy but its like a whole new world to me at the moment!

im just after advise on the following as i know u lot know what the fuck your talking about!

1) best sites to buy digital.

2) is it even worth ripping all my records or just leaving them so i can switch between digi and vinyl? i was thinking of just starting buying digital from now on and not re buying all the tunes i have.

3) whats the best thing WAV or MP3 as iv heard there is a choice!?

cheers guys!

1. Beatport has the easiest layout IMO but it costs more so maybe browse that and buy from somewhere else like digital-tunes which is the cheapest, just try a few of the sites out, junodownload.co.uk is popular too

2. I wouldn't rip your records, it's a tedious process and mine never sound any good

3. lol that's quite the question, I buy mp3s but some people swear by WAVs (but WAVs are shit, they don't hold any metadata, if you really want WAV bitrate buy AIFF but I think only Beatport sell them)

definitely +1 on beatport.. a little more pricey but the audio previewer is second to none, love how it carries on playing as you're browsing and doesn't open up on a new page, makes it a very smooth experience when searching for new tunes.

definitely +1 on beatport.. a little more pricey but the audio previewer is second to none, love how it carries on playing as you're browsing and doesn't open up on a new page, makes it a very smooth experience when searching for new tunes.

This! every time I try and preview a track on Juno it takes a few seconds to start, it gets infuriating when going through loads of music.

Yeah, mp3s are fine IMO, some people on here disagree with that but to me, the difference is inaudible

3) whats the best thing WAV or MP3 as iv heard there is a choice!?

there are literally hundreds of threads out there about that one. i'd go with lossless, because when you really need to you can convert a lossless file to any format you want, but you can't convert a lossy to lossless.

the difference is inaudible

missrepresent_203.jpg

there are literally hundreds of threads out there about that one. i'd go with lossless, because when you really need to you can convert a lossless file to any format you want, but you can't convert a lossy to lossless.

fuck im confused! im just gonna go with mp3!

I have noticed since getting my vinyl turntables that mp3s are far more tiring on the ear and actually the brain. you mix for an hour straight with mp3s then mix with vinyl for an hour I guarentee you will feel better and more energised after vinyl. I had to experience it myself to believe it.

Also another thing I have noticed, say I am mixing an mp3 track into a vinyl record, there seems to be this background noise that mp3s bring with it, it sounds very slightly fuzzy and sort of drowns out the vinyl record.

I know there is a huge debate between mp3 v wav, but for me wav really does win any day of the week.

Don't want to start a big debate about mp3s v wavs, but from my point of view, mp3s are shit.

- - - Updated - - -

also digital-tunes.net sells wavs at the same price as mp3s and its still cheaper than beatport

I'm in the process of ripping my collection Toni....hOuRS oF FUn I CaN aSSuRE YoU. Got a lot of vinyl only hardcore & jungle tunes so it's worth it my rips sound good don't know where you're going wrong Terps.

I record one flac copy (for the hard drive) and one mp3 (for the laptop). Hope that helps.

If you like quality previews, just listen on beatport but buy on stores such as amazon, digital tunes, 7 digital etc.. way cheaper..

yes, save hdd space over quality, because space is much more important!!!

idno, if i were a producer i want my tunes to be THE best quality possible...even if some people don't hear the difference. that's not the point.

My preference: MP3.

In order:
Surus
Redeye
Juno

Since Redeye updated their site, I can't find the download section.

- - - Updated - - -

My preference: MP3.

In order:
Surus
Redeye
Juno

Since Redeye updated their site, I can't find the download section.

Back
Top Bottom