Help?

Arrow Jay

Hey guys...I need your help.

I have a friend who produces hip hop, and is a rapper in a group that are about to put a demo cd out.

He's asked for drum and bass mixes doing as well, and wants me to do them cos he knows me, and he knows I'm diverse in my d&b tastes.

The thing is...I have absolutely nothing when it comes to doing this. I have no programmes, and no equipment.

Can anybody help me out programme wise with any downloads or programme cd's? I can get keyboards off of a mate.

I'd appreciate any help I can get on this, as it is something I've been meaning to get into for a while as well as dj'ing.

Thanks in advance

Roj

(PS Stuuu...I will be getting my reviews up...but SRD haven't delivered any newbies to my local store for three weeks...I'll sort it out when I manage to get onto Chemical's website)

youre just going to download a program and knock out drum and bass mixes of his hip hop tunes? i feel i should warn you, man just learning a program, any program, takes fking ages. Specially if you want to use professional sequencers.

Which isnt at all a must but does give you many advantages for free.

So heres some simple possible solutions:
logic + vsampler
cubase + vsampler

frootyloops3 (doesnt load big samples tho, meaning youll have to cut the vocals to shreds and sequence them. tedious!)

or for the simplest possible way
modplug tracker + nuendo for the final mixdown.

since modplug is the only one thats free its the only download link i can provide www.modplug.com

if you run into any problems with any of these drop me a line and ill see if i can help ok

I know it will take ages, and I'm prepared for that.

I don't really need anything that's too professional at first, just something I can get used to to actually remix one of his tunes.

This is a start of things to come *crosses fingers* :pimp:

Thanks for that so far...Download will be started shortly.

Thanks for the advice

Roj

Back
Top Bottom