help

number1

www.db9radio.com
VIP Junglist
wot software is good for making D&B and dubstep tunes i want 2 make some d&B and dubstep can some1 reccomend some good software nothing 2 advance thanks

it all depends on what program you get

reason doesn't use vst's etc but it's a great program and can be re-wired into other progs so you utilise it and it enables free wiring like no other program can. reason is great for writing drums in

fruity is a good program but i just dont like the layout of it and the way there's so many fuckin windows

pro-tools is a brillaint program but the midi on it is nothing like the other progs (yet, as digi design are always updatin pro-tools)

never used cubase but it's a dance music standard these days but i hear is quite difficult to use

i hear acid is good, as is ableton

i know nothin of the sonar programs

hope this helps a bit

Not really down to what tool you use, more how you use it.

What do you already know about producing? If you know nothing/bare minimum start with either fruity or reason

Whatever you can get your hands on, test them all out if you can. I myself have spent years using different programs. but you wanna limit yourself to afew first. For starters the most popular are fruity loops, reason, garageband (mac) and acid.

If your interesting in the production side, might want to give this a read, its got the fundamentals of making good drum & bass music. http://www.wikihow.com/Write-Drum-and-Bass

I started with reason and have stuck with it. although I've used tons of programs in the past, I'm really looking into getting Logic Pro. Watching those online training videos about their Sound Sculpture synth just makes me drool, I hear tons of pro dnb artists use logic, and their sound engine is just amazing. Anyway, those are just my thoughts. Hope this helps any!

Back
Top Bottom