Help?

Freek

Lets get freeeeeeky
VIP Junglist
Always wondered...
The first tune i ever produced was about 4 years ago and i used a sample that went
"The people they killed, get up and .. KILL!"
Now this sample made the tune itself. i want to do a re-edit of this tune but i clearly remember that at one of the first raves i went to, danny byrd dropped a tune that had that exact sample in it and i was gutted. Anyone know what tune this is and is it a big name tune and am i going to be steppin on anyones toes if i use the sample in a tune?

ahh shit, i might just do it anyways, its gonna be jumpup so it wont even be the same genre LOL

Cyantific doesn't own the sample anyway. You can use it which ever way you want.

Yea i know ofcourse, but if some one made a tune that on the drop said "Machete" that producer would get slated! lol! just wanted to make sure that doesnt happen lol!

mate, loads of people use the same samples... couple i can think of are:

'this should be played at high volume'
'make my day'

I dont get it, why dont people just make their own samples, this way your music is totally original and wouldnt risk copy right issue.
I mean surly if a song is 100% done by you, you will be more pleasing?:|
(Just a thought, dont shoot lol):idea:

drum and bass and especially jungle always were sample based. why change a running system?

and apart from that, some stuff like pianos and guitars are pretty hard to do inside the box.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

but why am i arguing? each to their own i suppose.

I dont get it, why dont people just make their own samples, this way your music is totally original and wouldnt risk copy right issue.
I mean surly if a song is 100% done by you, you will be more pleasing?:|
(Just a thought, dont shoot lol):idea:

drum and bass and especially jungle always were sample based. why change a running system?

and apart from that, some stuff like pianos and guitars are pretty hard to do inside the box.

---------- Post added at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 ----------

but why am i arguing? each to their own i suppose.

I will only use voice/tv/movie samples. never ever use a musical samples! plus i have recorded a few of my own samples in the past when i wanted to say something specific, but then u cant always get it to have that "sampled" sound. def an each to their own argument lol

Personally I think it's more about selection, if it's memorable and makes your tune stand out from the rest, then why shouldn't you use a sample as long as it's a good one? Especially if you haven't got a mic, and it's an absolute minor if it's been used before imo just make your tune better/use the sample better and you're sorted haha

I will only use voice/tv/movie samples. never ever use a musical samples! plus i have recorded a few of my own samples in the past when i wanted to say something specific, but then u cant always get it to have that "sampled" sound. def an each to their own argument lol

I def like the ideas of using tv/movie/voice samples, that track with the Geroge Bush speech was epic, cant remember whats the name of the track, any1 know?
Also coming from a band bkground, I know it isnt easy to record sound clips unless you have proper gears... I had nightmare getting the right vocal in the past lol

I def like the ideas of using tv/movie/voice samples, that track with the Geroge Bush speech was epic, cant remember whats the name of the track, any1 know?
Also coming from a band bkground, I know it isnt easy to record sound clips unless you have proper gears... I had nightmare getting the right vocal in the past lol

Evol Intent - Era Of Diversion? I think that is the one (Tired)

Found it:tank:

was in HC's EM 2003, epic as hell!

Last edited by a moderator:

Also
Hoogs- Acts Of Terror

uses that sample aswell. im sure there's been a few tunes that have that george bush sample in it.

Its not just the quality of the sample if u record it yourself. tv and film producers invest so much money in having specific background textures and effects running through the film. altho not clearly apparent in the sample it always has that tv film sample sound due to this

Back
Top Bottom