HELP! Wondering if possible setup will work?

thereasoner

Hey guys

So I am quite new to vinyl DJ'ing, having used the Numark Mixtrack Pro for a while now I found a good offer on some cheap turntables I can't resist, and I have a few questions regarding Virtual DJ, the turntables I am looking at getting and Intimidation iScratch Mixlive.

The turntables are Homemix Pro Decks (TT500) as seen here: http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Homemix...35_0.htm?campaign=pricesearch/google/10004085

I am getting that bundle for £30, and getting a B-Grade version of Intimidation iScratch Mixlive. I have not yet purchased either.

Will I be able to wire up these turntables to Intimidation iScratch Mixlive and if so will it work with VDJ? I have VDJ Pro.

Thanks, Reasoner

nope, i had i mix live, now i have the vinyl on the wall, buy Serato, much better, and will do what you want it to do.

Those TT are Belt drives! Avoid if you want to take DJing/mixing seriously! If you are low on funds take a look on ebay for some of the following:-

Stanton STR8 60'S/80'S/100'S
Numark TT200
Gemini PT 2000/2100/2400

If you look hard enough can be found for under £100 a pair.

Then again if your really serious then save about £350 - £400 for some Technics sl 1210's

Also regarding the DVS system, The Iscratch is OK to start with but keep an eye out for M-audio Torq or Reloop Spin 2+, they can be picked up for under £100 also.

I have had nothing but problems with imix live its crap! Dont waste your money, I cant even mix as normal record mode because the software is so shit :( Good for a mess about but I cant do a proper mix on it, going back to vinyl as soon as I have cash to buy some :D Maybe the more expensive ones are better but I was taught on vinyl and mixing on a laptop doesnt feel right to me I much prefer the feel and action of changing the records. Im not a pro either far from it, just dont feel dvs is for me right now.

I think im the only person who has been thoroughly pleased with Mixlive :/.

Saying that im getting serato next month lol.

You definately dont want belt driven turntables. Look into numark tt1520's. Picked myself up a pair, 2 monitors and a crate of vinyl for £120 on gumtree a few years back. They were great little turntables. Sold ages ago to get 1210's though. Think i even managed to make a profit on them.

I think im the only person who has been thoroughly pleased with Mixlive :/.

Saying that im getting serato next month lol.

You definately dont want belt driven turntables. Look into numark tt1520's. Picked myself up a pair, 2 monitors and a crate of vinyl for £120 on gumtree a few years back. They were great little turntables. Sold ages ago to get 1210's though. Think i even managed to make a profit on them.
How did you get the software to actually work on the basics in absolute mode? Am I the only one who finds it doesnt work? Really annoying, I cant get hold of intimidation to ask for advice :(

How did you get the software to actually work on the basics in absolute mode? Am I the only one who finds it doesnt work? Really annoying, I cant get hold of intimidation to ask for advice :(

Make sure you check all your line/phono selectors, make sure your grounds are perfect and make sure you have very minimal noise on the line.

Similar thing happend round my mates. Turned out there was too much noise on the line. I think it was his grounds. Its like it knew there was a signal, but didnt recognise it.

Make sure you check all your line/phono selectors, make sure your grounds are perfect and make sure you have very minimal noise on the line.

Similar thing happend round my mates. Turned out there was too much noise on the line. I think it was his grounds. Its like it knew there was a signal, but didnt recognise it.
I bought new ground leads and one of them always has a bad signal is the deck fucked? Funnily that deck is always the one which the absolute mode wont work in. I can play about on them but one is relative mode and one is absolute so I cant really beat match properly hence me not ejoying it. Does serato have these problems? Can I use the time codes and soundcard with any other software? Cant beat vinyl mixing but its so expensive...

I bought new ground leads and one of them always has a bad signal is the deck fucked? Funnily that deck is always the one which the absolute mode wont work in. I can play about on them but one is relative mode and one is absolute so I cant really beat match properly hence me not ejoying it. Does serato have these problems? Can I use the time codes and soundcard with any other software? Cant beat vinyl mixing but its so expensive...

Buy some traktor timecodes and you can get it working in traktor scratch.

Likelihood is its not a software problem though. So switching software wont change a thing.

Buy some traktor timecodes and you can get it working in traktor scratch.

Likelihood is its not a software problem though. So switching software wont change a thing.

Well they both stopped working in absolute mode today so they now work only in relative mode so they sync automatically so I literally have to just bring the track in, bit shit obviously as no mixing required but still had a good dance :D
Do you have any idea what it is then? In the middle of a song today it started making the song go backwards midway through! I am a novice so I cant really diagnose anything any advice greatly appreciated.
P.s sorry for hi-jacking thread.

Well they both stopped working in absolute mode today so they now work only in relative mode so they sync automatically so I literally have to just bring the track in, bit shit obviously as no mixing required but still had a good dance :D
Do you have any idea what it is then? In the middle of a song today it started making the song go backwards midway through! I am a novice so I cant really diagnose anything any advice greatly appreciated.
P.s sorry for hi-jacking thread.

Thats dodgy wiring mate. When it starts going backwards it means the left and right phono's are switched. So im guessing theres something dodgy.
What mixer you got? Any chance you can beg/borrow/steal a dirt cheap shitty one? I had some problems getting the mixlive working on my mates denon mixer, and my mates xone 92 had a few probs.

To be honest though, i dont know a massive amount of troubleshooting tips i could give you. Mixlive was just to tie me over til i got serato, which im getting soon, so i'll be selling my mixlive set up.

All the leads are correct but looking at the grounding boxes it couldnt be much worse yet the sound quality is good to a degree :D I guess I should just go back to vinyl and enjoy actually mixing as I think I will just moan that its not the real thing. Thanks for your advice mate really appreciate it. I might need a few years under my belt getting to know the set ups before I can explore digital....

Hmmm, if i were you i'd just get hold of a shitty simple mixer and eliminate that out of the equation. My money's on the mixer.

Back
Top Bottom