Help With Tone Arm Skpping ?

Tight_fisted

I dont know what has happend to one of my decks but its driving me mad. It was working fine last night now the records just keep skipping no matter what i do i changed all the headshells and styli needles etc But still keeps skipping, i also tried untightening the screws and completely taking them out and putting it back together but still no luck :grrrrr: Any suggestions .. im thinking maybe the tonearm is just knackered :shrug:

Yeah but he's a bit of a twat though isn't he... Seen vids from him before...

Have you seen the one where he's "introducing" Drum and Bass and he's all like "There's lots of different types of DnB there's, erm, Heavy Drum and Bass, Liquid Drum and Bass, Gentle Drum and Bass, and er... Trippy Drum and Bass" WTF???

I mean I'm not into pigeon holing DnB, but if you're making an instructional video on the web where I'm talking about genres of music I reckon you should google it before you go ahead and just made it up as you go....

this could sound really stupid, but I was using someone elses decks, and one was jumping, just when cuein up, I then notice it wasnt even locked!

remember to lock it again after calabrating it!:applause:

One of my decks was skipping real bad after I got it out of storage a couple of weeks back...

Checked the weight, the anti-skate, the cart, the stylus... Couldn't work out what was wrong for the life of me...

Then I remembered, that I'd had this problem before.. one of the feet on the bottom of the deck is fucked so it wasn't sitting flat - wedged some pennie between the foot and the deck and we're back in business!

Look out for that one guys!

no dont put pennys on it unless ure a retard :chainsaw:,,,,, thats just gonna eat ure vinyls like runnin a knife thru it....
not true man...well it all depends on the stylus...some come with weights ....you always wana set up your weight wit a little dig, well...someone who does alot of abrasive movement:alf:

Back
Top Bottom