Help with studio monitors!

Scratchy.McNadz

Been putting up with some shitty stereo speakers for way longer than i probably should have... ive honestly had farts with more clarity

Anyway ive been after some studio monitor style speakers seeing as im mostly going to be mixing on them (and im wanting to get more into producing). Price wise id say i wouldnt wanna pay north of 300 big ones for a pair, and the room theyll be in is fairly small.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers for that mate, yeah i was having a look at them the other day and thought they looked decent. I was looking at some KRK's aswell but from some reviews ive read on them theyre apparently not the flattest frequency response, so probably not the best option..

Cant wait to get them through!

Yeah my mate has got a pair of the HS8. They sound lovely and the low frequencies are nice and detailed.

I've got the KRK RP8s and you can tell that the bass frequencies are accentuated a tad.

Your best bet is to take some music to a local shop if you can and listen to different manufacturers.
Monitors are personal preference.

Yams HS7
Focal alpha 50
Adam F5

All within your £300 budget.

I'd go with the Adams personally.

I've got a pair of hs8s but I have to have them at low levels because I live in a flat.

I want to get a small pair of Adams or genelecs for late night producing

Ive got the focal alpha 50's and they fantastic esp in a small room. Dont worry about the size, the bass is heavier than HS7 whilst front firing ports has benefits if you're placing the speakers near a wall.

Back
Top Bottom