help with some feedback?

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by digiskunk, Feb 18, 2010.

1. digiskunk

digiskunk New Member

First I'd like to apologize possibly for 2 things..

1) if this was posted in the wrong forum, and
    2) if this violates the criteria of the rules

But, I am a newbie, and I will learn with time. I am sorry to the mods if this post doesn't exactly reflect all of the rules...

Well I am an amateur producer and for some time now, I have been trying at various genres of music, ranging from house to dubstep to drum n bass - which is my dilemma.

See, I have 2 tracks that are unfortunately not on my PC's hard-drive at the moment (f*king drive died) but I still have links.
    I have these two tracks, "Am I Not Yours To Love" and "Hold My Hand At The Gallows" which, I am unsure, if they reflect the ideals and appropriate essentials of drum n bass or if they are merely experimental breakbeat IDM or whatever.

Either way, I need some insight if I'm "doin it right". Your drum n bass beats are hard as hell to create, but I tried my best..
    http://www.soundclick.com/copyyouridols
    You can find them there... Yae or nay? :\

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

very nice piano. the drum and bass beats are too fast and sound kind of tinny, to my ears, but thats not saying these arent good songs, i like the muscality and experimental...ism of it
    edit: oh and yes wrong forum, moved to tunes

3. digiskunk

digiskunk New Member

Thanks! I thought of the drums as very eccentric and wild; not exactly resembling dnb nor IDM, but just, crazy thrashing in a way

4. horace111

horace111 My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)

I like the piano & stuff, but your drums are a little too wild and "unorganized ". Try a more traditional drum and bass beat.
    Of course, I'm not saying you shouldn't be creative, but this is a little too fast & too many beats.

Nice work anyway, keep it up!