help with slicing amen loops

pete_c

im new to production and just getting to grips with cubase. im trying to chop up an amen loop by creating hitpoints then slicing it. but each slice does not seem to fit in the blocks in the sequencer, so when i rearrange the slices they do not fit. does the tempo have an effect on this? can anyone give me a basic guide on how to do this?????

thanks

hi mate,

i don't use cubase but i do use ableton live and when i chop up breaks, beats or loops and i either add markers on the sound file within ableton or i use proppellerheads recycle to add markers. then i chop up using ableton's slice to midi function so i can re-arrange them.

you can load rex files into cubase or a software sampler like kontakt and re-arrange as you see fit. check out this link:

http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=9595

hope this helps

hi mate,

i don't use cubase but i do use ableton live and when i chop up breaks, beats or loops and i either add markers on the sound file within ableton or i use proppellerheads recycle to add markers. then i chop up using ableton's slice to midi function so i can re-arrange them.

you can load rex files into cubase or a software sampler like kontakt and re-arrange as you see fit. check out this link:

http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=9595

hope this helps

Do you use Abletonlive 7???
also
You got any good vst's for it??

yes i do use ableton 7, well worth investing your cash into it. it is far more intuitive than some of the other popular sequencers out there - however if you are interested in it i would hold off until april/may and get Live 8 as there are a whole bunch of new things on it. Some people say ableton isn't up to much but i think it makes the process alot more fun and if someone can't make decent music out of it then perhaps its them, not the software - the old adage that a workman never blames his tools springs to mind.

As for VSTs i rate NI's massive as a synth and either kontakt or halion are worth investing in too. It's worth sticking to a couple of really good VSTs you know inside out than have an abundance of ones you only use presets on.

Back
Top Bottom