Help with pitch control

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi People, Just wondering if someone can give me some tips/advice on pitch control. My beatmatching so much better now improved lot. Now what im finding is, i beatmatch to records after 5 or 10 secs they start to drift apart. I tryed using pitch, but my pitch control skills are crap. Any advice. Thanks for any info giving.

Hi People, Just wondering if someone can give me some tips/advice on pitch control. My beatmatching so much better now improved lot. Now what im finding is, i beatmatch to records after 5 or 10 secs they start to drift apart. I tryed using pitch, but my pitch control skills are crap. Any advice. Thanks for any info giving.

tweak the cone in the middle of the turntable slightly to slow it down a bit, and then adjust the pitch a little bit

i was in the same position as you a couple of months ago and the answer unfortunatly is pratice
keep hold of the pitch controller all the time, just adjustin it slightly, tryin to keep the two tracks in time.

learnin this way rather than touchin the plate and things will mean you'll be able to keep mixes sounding tight for as long as you want

also, if one track is fallin behind, speed it up just above what it should be.

this will make the track catch up, and then bring the shift down to the correct tempo and try and keep it in time by changin it by milimeters when you hear it going out of sync

what decks have you got? because pitch control on middle of the range decks can be tricky to begin with, you're gonna find some decks are more responsive than others. just practice, practice, practice is the only way you're gonna get it*

what decks have you got? because pitch control on middle of the range decks can be tricky to begin with, you're gonna find some decks are more responsive than others. just practice, practice, practice is the only way you're gonna get it*

Thanks for all replys, nice one for that. I got Technics 1210MK2.

I will keep on practising defo. Hopefully i get hang of it soon.

He means that 1210mk2s have a dip on the pitch control at the 0 point tht was taken out fr the later models.Wouldnt bother bout that though cos technics are pretty much bombproof anyway.Industry standard innit?Practice is the key here cos thats the only way to get good dude!

Oh right i get what you mean now. Yes does fall into notch hear little ckick sound. I just went and had look. What does that mean is that good? or bad? Are my decks old model? Thanks for the help guys, nice one.

That's bad, means you'll have trouble making the very precise adjustments that you need to. You have an older model. Unfortunately keeping decks locked will be a bit more difficult.

That's bad, means you'll have trouble making the very precise adjustments that you need to. You have an older model. Unfortunately keeping decks locked will be a bit more difficult.

Just my luck lol. Would i be best selling them, and geting newer pair of technics model? Thanks for your help mate.

the way i learnt how to pitch control better was to cue the vinyl up, then when i release it i only use the pith to get it in time, if its very slow wack the picth up fast then bring it down slowly and eventually it ill be in time, do a whole set mixing like this and it you will get better.

Just my luck lol. Would i be best selling them, and geting newer pair of technics model? Thanks for your help mate.

Nah mate, millions of djs have learnt on them. Just it will be more difficult. But once you learn you'll have the skills to succeed in a club environment. You can also remove the notch DIY, search google.

Practise and practise some more, i'm still learning myself.

Don't be afraid to move the pitch control alot, like if its way slow, whack it forward heaps for a split second to catch the beat up, then kind of match from there.

Having a good balance of volume from your headphones and monitors helps alot also .

Technics very rarely lock for the duration of mix. That is why you need to keep monitoring the mix from monitor to headphones frequently to ensure the beats are still locked and make the necessary adjustments to the pitch. You can't assume it's going to stay perfectly in time.

Watch Andy C - He consistantly checks between the headphones and the monitors when in the mix and keeps his hand on the pitch control to make any small adjustments when he hears the mix slipping.

Back
Top Bottom