help with move from Reason 4 to Cubase 5

Discussion in 'Production' started by resonance, Apr 21, 2009.

1. resonance

resonance CUBASE 4

after using reason for a few months now i have made up my mind to switch to cubase 5, as my mate uses it and his tunes sound so good,all i want to no is what are the the best VST plug ins for bass lines and all the good stuff that makes hard and dirty drum and bass, thanks

2. glennyb

glennyb Member

get kontakt. its wicked for drums, wicked for bass, wicked for atmospherics, etc. its just really one of the most flexible soft samplers there is imo. looks pretty daunting at first but its actually really simple when you get your head around it.

as far as synths, most of the NI stuff is really really good - pro53 is wicked for really thick sub bass, massive is good for all range of sounds (i dont like the low end of it though), fm8 sounds really nice, absynth is incredible for pads and stuff, reaktor is incredible full stop, but its really quite daunting.

other than NI stuff, Z3ta is pretty good, imposcar is alright, and tbh i dont really use much else.

remember you will want to get a load of decent effects and stuff too, although from what i hear cubase 5 has some really good ones as stock.

3. Conrad

Conrad Member

Can't you just rewire them together? and be able to use both at the same time?

4. resonance

resonance CUBASE 4

thanks for your time mate nice 1

5. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Definately worth doing, best of both worlds then, Reason samplers and synths along with the more capable Mixer and sequencer etc in Cubase.

6. resonance

resonance CUBASE 4

i will be doing this defo

7. glennyb

glennyb Member

a word of warning on the rewiring thing though - i've found it to be quite unstable and slow in my experience. be sure to save regularly!!

8. resonance

resonance CUBASE 4

thanks mate

9. resonance

resonance CUBASE 4

just got cubase 4, it is fucking mad nothing like reason but the sound is so much better and the vst,s are so good all i have to do is learn how to use it lol :)

10. Niceneasyuk

Niceneasyuk Member

If u are used to the reason sequencer. Just export into wav and then into the nnxt. For example, say you've made a wicked bass synth in cubase, export one note held for 4 bars into a wav. import in nnxt. Hey presto! (besure to remember what note u exported as that will be the key of your tune).