Help with mixing jump up!!

keelan

Hi, I need help mixing jump up d&b.I dont know how to get both drops matched together on a set of cdjs.Do i need to count untill the drop on every track or is there a special way i dont know about?

Thaks Keelan

You need to count bars. Jump up is formulaic. The phrases in Jamp Ap go in 16 bars. Learn the structure of your tunes and double dropping will come naturally.

The standard structure of a Jamp Ap tune is 32 bars intro > Drop > 32 bars > Change up > 32 bars > Breakdown (16 or 32 bars) > Drop > 32 bars > Change up > 32 bars > end of tune.

DON'T DO IT!!!

NO ONE MIXES JUMP UP, DIED WITH DUBSTEP AND METHADRONE IN 2009

TRY MIXING GABBA, DANCEHALL AND TRAP, THATS WHERE THE COOL KIDS AT THESE DAYS

also when you are mixing tunes try beat matching them as well, not all tunes are the same tempo and to double drop tracks you need to have them at the same bpm so it is locked in and stays locked in, and pick tunes that go together, 2 tunes may sound like bangers on their own but sounds a mess together, can't just double drop jump up, all about selection (like killers don't die >>> Mr Happy >>>>> Glock and loaded >>>> timewarp) have fun! :2thumbs:

Grab a program like Virtual DJ so you can understand how the waveforms translate into different parts of the tune. Will help when you get on the decks. But generally 16 bars equates to roughly 22 seconds, then 44, 1.06, 1.28 etc so you get to know these times which make it easier in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom