HELP WITH MAKING SPACE IN A MIX.

alcaponeuk

take a listen to the dubstep section in this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP50Ewh31E4 , the main bass sound is fat as hell and i presume it would take up alot of the frequency spectrum and clash with various elements, yet the snare and the kick both ring through insane , as if the whole song is played in a big open room with each instrument having loads of space, also reverb cuts through the track which i have no clue how to eq around reverb or for reverb. and i get lost with cuts etc, my main basses would normally have a little cut at around 2k, 200 for snare then but cut at about 100 for sub , but other synths etc. clash and i never know what frequencies to take away , i want to learn how to make a spacious mix like that alex clare tune, cheers guys.

Doesn't sound at all fat to me, the bass has no high end while the snare has a crapload so you can hear it easy. Infact it almost sounds like that tune is highpassed to take out any sub.

The song has a lot of space because there is no sub, which means that it can't get muddy and not alot of eq will be needed to make things fit because they already do

There's not much sub in the kick either. Everything is high passed.
Really not a good example to look at if you're serious about 'dance' music.

If you do want to copy that track though, get your Massive presets and torrented sample packs ready.

i aint really listened to it in depth but i keep catching it on the internet explorer ad thinking that theres so much space in the mix and id love to get my tunes to ring through that much, if its cause theres no sub then its just something silly i didnt pick up on haha

Back
Top Bottom