help with loop tempo change

Discussion in 'Production' started by AlienWeapon, Oct 20, 2013.

1. AlienWeapon

AlienWeapon Member

I posted this in the fl tips thread but thought maybe it would be better to just ask it here.

How do i go about getting a drum loop to meet up with itself in fl slicer? The loop i want to use is 174 bpm, but the tempo i am working in is 170. When i change the tempo of the loop to 170 there is a small gap at the end of the beat. I want this loop to keep looping seamlessly without the gap. Could someone provide some help?

2. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

there's a 'bpm' adjuster just under the drop down menu in fruity slicer...set that to the tempo of the original loop, or until it fills the gap.

PERSONALLY though, i don't like using that plugin, especially when chopping up old breaks, it can make them sound a bit glitchy, and lose the flow. i prefer to throw the break straight into the playlist, stretch it (with the time streching drop-down menu set to 'auto' to retain the original pitch) to fit the tempo i want it, and chop it up manually.

3. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

Do this way: open up the sample on Edison. There, right-click the name of the sample, and on the field "BPM" put the bmp of the sample (in this case 174bpm). Now, set the tempo of the project to 174bpm too. Access the channel settings window, right-click the time sample (under time stretching), and click "auto detect". Then, a window will come up with some different tempos for the music. Now, just click the "174 (project)" button. There will be nothing different. But you just linked the tempo of the sample to the tempo of the project. Now, when you drop the tempo of the project to 170bpm, FL Studio will automatically stretch the tempo of the sample to 170bpm too.

If the sample at 170bpm seem distorted, try altering from "resample" to "pro-transient" on the time stretching part of the channel settings.

4. AlienWeapon

AlienWeapon Member

Thanks a lot dude.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

5. Dark Lizardro

Dark Lizardro The Lizard that has a hammer Staff Member

You're welcome.