Help With Logic Pro 8

marcelkennard

Storms comin in Annie
VIP Junglist
Basically two problems I have:

Firstly when I install logic I have 7 discs, basically the first one is the actual logic studio then the rest are the audio content and jam packs or something? What even are these cds for??? Anyway after installing the first, I have to insert the second but i cant eject the disc because it says applications must be quit first, so i cant actually carry on the installation to disc 2 any ideas?

Secondly I am really new to logic and Im trying to make a sick WUB sound on my bass, any tips? Basically I have quite a sick synth I made on one of the built in synthesizers, and I want to modulate the wub by tweaking the MOD nob of the synthesizer as the the wub sound is playing if anyone knows what I mean? I tried using the TOUCH option and recording the knob tweaking live but its too inaccurate how can I manually automate the knob to obtain that better more energetic wub sound I am after???

Sorry if I am unclear in my questions its very early and I have not slept at all yet lol
SAFE

well the 1st disc is all you need i think, i didnt bother with all the appleloops etc, but it has been a couple of years sinse i have installed it so it may of changed.

when you mean 'WUB' do you mean like a pulsating sound? like a wobble? if it is, you will have to set a LFO rate going through a low pass filter. (thats if ur after the cliche wobble sound)

i installed all 7 discs and have found the stuff on them well useful. some of the atmospheric apple loops are sick and there is all sorts of other wonderful stuff on them too....install them if you can.

i would try the installing it again making sure every programme in shut down.

if that doesnt work-uninstall it and try it again...

hope that helps

as for the wobble...i havent really found the logic package synths any good for this-you are much better off saving up for massive as its a lot better for this sorta thing or get reason and use the subtraktor for the growly womps

as for the wobble...i havent really found the logic package synths any good for this-you are much better off saving up for massive as its a lot better for this sorta thing or get reason and use the subtraktor for the growly womps

you can make a wobble on anything, you only need an lfo and a lpf

Back
Top Bottom