help with logic 8

st420

VIP Junglist
hey guys, feeling pretty stupid but i just cant figure it out on my own..

when making drum patterns using logics ultrabeat, whenever i put that pattern into the arrange window, for some reason the pattern will play constantly, instead of just where i put it in the arrange window...

anyone get what i mean?? an know how to fix it?

thanks

hey guys, feeling pretty stupid but i just cant figure it out on my own..

when making drum patterns using logics ultrabeat, whenever i put that pattern into the arrange window, for some reason the pattern will play constantly, instead of just where i put it in the arrange window...

anyone get what i mean?? an know how to fix it?

thanks

look on youtube mate there must be some tutorials.

i do all my drums in audio :)

look on youtube mate there must be some tutorials.

i do all my drums in audio :)

This...

since I started working in Cubase and doing all my drum's in audio I would never go back.
It make's life so much easier having everything on it's own individual track and being able to edit everything seperatly.

This...

since I started working in Cubase and doing all my drum's in audio I would never go back.
It make's life so much easier having everything on it's own individual track and being able to edit everything seperatly.

exactly ^

I have everything in a seperate track but i still use ultrabeat.
i mainly use it so I can pitch up or pitch down a hit so it 'locks' with the rest of the drums

You may need to set you left and right locaters, thn when you copy the pattern to the arrange window it should only copy the pattern between your locaters. it will only.

If you are doing this, are you getting a phase/echo type of effect where the pattern sould be pasted? If this is he case then Ultrabeat is playing the pattern as well, there should be an option to urn off Ultrabeat from playing the pattterns when you press play (but it will still play when triggered in he arrange window.

Personally I find it best to use a combination of drum patterns, single hits and sample breaks, each have their advantages.

when u click off ultrabeat to play ur track, make sure u turn ultrabeat off otherwise both the arrange window will be playing and ultrabeat will be looping...

Back
Top Bottom