Drum & Bass Help With Intro Please :)

Discussion in 'Production' started by qwerty4lyf, Jun 29, 2012.

1. qwerty4lyf

qwerty4lyf New Member

Hey, I'm new here but you guys seem pretty cool!

I have been producing dubstep for a while, but I'm new to drum & bass, and I'm kind of stuck on the start (pre build-up/drop) of this
    remix of Jessie J's 'Domino' that I've been working on for the last couple of days. Here's a link to what I've got for the build-up/chorus so far :)

http://soundcloud.com/qwerty4lyf/jessie-j-domino-remix

2. MrChapman

MrChapman Member

Try looping the drums for 16/32 bars with a few cut up bits of vocal on it then drop to the lead with a low wave pass on it opening up into the drop and see what ideas that gives you. Quite often I copy entire sections of my drums and start on that and slowly bring all the elements of my tune in, then start cutting parts of my drums out so it kinda builds naturally. I mix as well so am kinda biased to dj friendly intros too.

Dunno if that helps but that's what I'd try and see if it inspires me a bit!

3. Tad.

Tad. New Member

Take your main bits, pads, leads, other effects and fill them in the beginning.

For example, try making everything "build up" to the drop.

Drums with a HP filter on them slowly coming in, add some effects, use a pumping pad sidechained to a ghost kick play around with chords, idk man, just make chunes!

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

easiest solution for this is to reference a tune you really like the intro of and dissect all the elements and make them your own .. Works everytime and you'll deffo have an intro that sounds nothing like what you referenced (y)