help with eq'ing a sample..

iamjoey

So I have this sample I've ripped from American Psycho (obviously!)..

and I want to chop the voice samples up for a tune and do all sorts of nasty stuff to them. But the problem is of course is the annoying whiny sound which plays in the background but also keeps playing over the voice samples.. i've been trying my hardest to EQ it out, and I even tried using noise removal in audacity, but any result I've achieved has effected the voice sample quality considerably. so I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a little advice on eq'ing it, or if they could even be an amazing gentleman and do it theirself? (it's downloadable if anyone's interested)

Thanks for any help guys.

Last edited:
This synth ranges on the entire spectrum, so it's nearly impossible to remove it completely with EQing (AFAIK). I tried removing most of the core frequencies of it though, hope it helps. http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/54376279/file.html

link isn't loading for me, just get a constant connecting.. are you sure it's the right link mate? any chance you could up it to mediafire.com instead or something?

thanks a lot for the help either way!

edit: it worked eventually! I guess the site server was playing up. it definitely sounds a lot better mate, with pads and fx around it I think it'll sound almost as good as I want it to. thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom