Help with DnB beat in ableton live!

Subdynamix

Hi!
Trying to make a dnb beat on impulse in ableton live 8. What size grid do I use for the beats 1/8 or 1/16?

Hi!
Trying to make a dnb beat on impulse in ableton live 8. What size grid do I use for the beats 1/8 or 1/16?

hello mate, first thing i would do is swap that impulse for drum rack... with drum rack each instrument has its own fx channels (impulse, the fx apply to ALL samples)

secondly, i use whatever the standard setting is... normally i make a pattern 2 bars long, but sometimes 4 or 8 depending on complexity... i'd only use 1/16 for making really wierd things

(y)

I know a drum pattern is 2 bars long. But what i'm trying to say is for each single drum beat, what size grid do i use 1/16 or 1/8? I tryed it on both 1/16 and 1/8 can't hear no difference.
Thx for the tip, i'll switch to the drum rack. Only been using ableton 3 months, still getting used to it.

Personally I don't even use drum rack or impulse
I just use my kicks, snares etc as audio clips on audio tracks and then group them up after
I just find its easier to work this way

Personally I don't even use drum rack or impulse
I just use my kicks, snares etc as audio clips on audio tracks and then group them up after
I just find its easier to work this way

I work the same way in Cubase. Very easy to add little edits afterwards by just moving around some drum hits.
But I do end up bouncing everything to WAV files @ the end, so one for main kick and snare, one for percussion, one for bass, one for sub bass, etcetera.
Because I like to have fresh CPU when I'm starting the mastering process.

Back
Top Bottom