Help with college project

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist
Hi guys, I got do assigment for college. I need peoples take on underground music scene.
Questions i'm looking at are:

1.What makes music underground?
2.What would you descirbe as sell out?
3.What makes theses underground scenes differnt to mainstream music?

If anyone has anythink else to add please feel free I need to get load research and opions on the subject to put a purposal together.

Also anyone know were I can find video documatry on this subject.

Cheers guys :)

alz

compress to impress
VIP Junglist
1) the ratio of men to women
2) when you make career changes based more on money than morals
3) the ratio of men to women

rob_del_terror

- ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε
VIP Junglist
1.What makes music underground? screwface
2.What would you descirbe as sell out? as above
3.What makes theses underground scenes differnt to mainstream music? screwface

pitts

VIP Junglist

the amount of records sold maybe, having an army of follows that might not be as big as mainstream but will be more dedicated and more likely to actually pay for your music and keep on following what that artist does

a producer/band that has changed their style and made something they dont particularly like or have a passion for but will make them a lot of money

Junglist_007

learning difficulties
VIP Junglist

the amount of records sold maybe, having an army of follows that might not be as big as mainstream but will be more dedicated and more likely to actually pay for your music and keep on following what that artist does

a producer/band that has changed their style and made something they dont particularly like or have a passion for but will make them a lot of money
Cheers man some good points there I didn't think about vinyl sales etc... Nice one man

Moskit

:rodigan:
1. Detatched from the mainstream music industry not only in the terms of musicality, but also in marketing/advertising/target audience etc, usually released on independant record labels or digitally into a genre specific market, doesn't conform to the usual "laws" & confinements of mainstream music.

2. An artist who has had previous success with an underground release, who has traded off more original artistic & creative merit for a more mainstream & conforming release, in order to generate income.

3. Gah... See some of the above & spiral out really.

mr karnage

deep inside the jungle
VIP Junglist
mainstream music is played everywhere you go, shit gets annoying and most mainstream music lacks some of that sub low bass.

check this video

Last edited by a moderator: