Help with building a brick shed for my equipment

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by DontLikeCops, Aug 6, 2010.

1. DontLikeCops

DontLikeCops Certified tramp

okay I wanna build a shed that will be semi soundproof, any ideas? im thinking breeze blocks with a timber frame inside stuffed with thickinsulation and double up on the plasterboards etc and use them foam pads under the speakers etc. Any help would be handy

2. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

My mates got a wooden shed in his garden....hes a tit so thought it would be a laugh to put an "extension" on it with bricks....hahaha makes me laugh hard to this day. Anyway he built all the breeze blocks and bricks with insulation in the middle and put a window in. Thats as far as it got, the roof was hard to do and it looked shit anyway, really damp in there.

That hasnt really helped at all, just thought Id share a story. It wont be an easy job thats all I can say.

3. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

Gloxxy is the man to talk to when ya talkin bout sheds with a musical interior.

4. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

5. DontLikeCops

I forgot to mention it needs to be like a cell so maddy doesn't escape. I can get my brother to hook up the electrics etc so i dont fry myself, and i got a builders square under my bed so i can make things square so all in all i think i got it covered :teeth:

6. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

You thinking about doing it yourself? If your not a builder, or at least have some skills in that sort of area, dont try and make anything out of blocks/bricks, it'll end in tears.

Good starting point would be a just decent sized shed (metal or timber), and then like you say, you can frame out the inside with studwork, insulate the cavity between frame and shed, double board both sides (with yet more insulation in the actual studwork). Pricey job whichever way you go about it though.

The key to sound isolation is a lot of mass, usualy with changes in density (easiest way to think of it is an obstacle course for the sound to travel through, the more steps there are, the more energy the sound will need to take away from itself to travel through, resulting in less sound at the other side)

Windows are another problem (if you were planning on having any) as keeping the sound in requires very thick glass, and usualy more than one layer of it, which again, is expensive.

7. DontLikeCops

Done 2 years of carpentry and passed, also got my city and guilds level 2 & 3 in plumbing so im a bit hands on, shame that the hands on is mostly on my cock fapping furiously away til i have no foreskin like a jew

8. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Yes, I have a brick shed in my back garden with all of my music equipment. Unfortunately I can't help you with how to build it as it was already there when I moved in.

9. DontLikeCops

what type of roof is on it and does it hold the sound well the shed? when i build it it doesn't need to be ultra quiet just at a level where the neighboors wont wine like little bitches when im rinsing the finest of dillinjas sub low basslines

10. herojuana

herojuana hairy kuala

you live in peckham... they wont be able to hear anything over the sound of gunshots and sirens surely?

11. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

Its a slate roof. The sound proofing is none existent as I got a letter from the Environmental Health about noise pollution after a late Thursday night party I had a month or so ago.

12. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

your probably the most qualified person here to know what to do mate....people here are only qualified to waffle.

If you want my advice I think you should...get some bricks and make 4 walls thus making the structure. Then get a roof and put it on top, you will find the top by standing in the middle of the said 4 brick walls. Whack it on there somehow, you know, that no more nails stuff really works wonders cant recomend it enough. get some carpet in there and maybe a rug. Use maddie as she will come in as a perfect little rug to wipe ya tootsies on when they a little dirty. staple loads of pillows to the walls and roof from the inside, and then what ya wanna do is fry up 2 large eggs and whisk in the flour SLOWLY!! if you do it quickly you will get more than what you want. Add fresh beetroot, preferably from a old relative who loves beetroot. i cant get enough of it myself, its like that time I went to Spain and found that girls braclett on the beach. The three holes at the back are what you are looking for, once you have correctly inserted the wire through two of the holes, put your old boy in the middle one and you have reached total acomplishment and satisfaction.

Now sit back look at your shed and spark a dooby (optional)

13. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Definately go for making it all from timber then, shed inside a shed FTW. Done well it will isolate the sound more than enough for what you want, and still be more pocket friendly than building it from blocks/bricks.

14. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

What are your dimensions? this is/was my job. I can tell you how to do and what it will cost.

15. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

im going to tell you one thing, before you put all your valuable shit in their make sure you got some good security or a loud alarm to stop people breaking in. i learned the hard way when all my tools, a bike, parts for the bike and a motorbike got taken. i was wounded.

but on the other hand we got the insurance company to pay out a bike and many many tools.

16. dnbkingz

dnbkingz bollocks

Brick 4 walls.

Tent inside.

Rave inside tent.

Job done.

17. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

i built a wooden shed in my garden, proper freestyled it. just got 25 wooden pallets, ripped them apart and put them back together in the shape of a shed. i'll post pics when i find out how to sort my card reader on't laptop.

18. mr karnage

mr karnage deep inside the jungle

i wanna build a shed in my garden now

19. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

ner, you want one of these

[​IMG]

Then you can have a cool sign outside sayin

"Drop beatz not bombs"

---------- Post added at 02:53 ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 ----------

Inside

[​IMG]

20. CoB

CoB Pure Sanelessness

that's a cool shet!