HELP WITH ACTIVE MONITORS!!!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Datt Male, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

basically I've bought a Yamaha A-S500 amplifier and am just wonderering if I can run an active KRK RP10 from it?? the connections on the back of the speaker are an XLR and 7mm jack for alnced loads???

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

whoops lol I'll continue... (I ment balncerd loads btw, and theres a phono connection for unbalanced loads, as u can tell when it comes to speaker systems I know FUCK ALL any help much appreciated, I'm, guessing when u use the phono connection u are using either Left or Right outpput from the amp/mixer??? fuck knows lol

2. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

You wont need an amp for active speakers at all.

3. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

yeah I know but I want to use an amp for the signal if that makes sense?? basically the outputs on my mixer are all in use and I have a spare set of connections on my amp but I am not too sure if u can run an active speaker of an amp????

4. motion audio

motion audio Active Member

Nah because you'll be running an amplified signal through another amp, wouldn't do much good! You could buy/make splitter leads and split the signal before it gets to the amp and send it to amp and active monitor seperately.

5. Datt Male

Datt Male Active Member

cheers mate thats what I thought, thanks for the advice