help with a conundrum

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by pitts, Jun 23, 2011.

1. pitts

pitts Member

im having a house party tomorrow for my 21st and have been going on about it and looking forward to it for ages and have plenty of people comming up. There is an electro night in bradford called sinful sessions that plays really cheesy shity electro that i hate but i know the guy who runs it. Was just talking to him and he has offered me a slot playing the afterparty but it will mean not having the party and going to a night i will not enjoy but will get to dj at the after party.

Im pretty sure he is only giving me the slot so i will bring a load of people down coz he knows a lot of people comming to my shindig. I know everyone going to my do will not want to go there but i am worried if i say no he will not consider me again. He also runs a weekly after party at vampire in bradford which i was originally going to be playing another time untill i mentioned i was having a party. I have yet to play a club and unsure on whether to take the oppurtunity.

If i was to playing i would be playing a mix of dirty electro, fidget, dutch house, uk funky, which ever was going down the best.

What would you do?

2. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

smoke ched and roll out skinnin hi ... OBV

---------- Post added at 15:40 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

really tho .. id have the party , not bag off ure mates.. which come first . coz you may end up lonely if you bag them off to feed the dj dream .. stick with ure mates, maybe later on go onto the club and see if you can have a mix .. if hes only booking you so you bring ppl along to the night .. im guessing it aint gunna be the biggest night .. fuck the bloke in the mensroom then go from there

3. pitts

pitts Member

its bradfords biggest electro night probably attracts 500+, its just the clientle it attracts. He knows that there is a lot of popular people comming round to mine and might just want to try and get a better crowd going. Everyone ive been speaking to about it says the same as you though i just cant help feel i might waste an opppurtunity but i think if i went i might regret it.

4. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

^^

if you're good enough to dj out you'll get the opportunity sooner or later, bit like job hunting persistence pays off.
    don't sell your mates down the road for an hour in front of a semi empty room

5. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

If he wants you to come and bring all your aweXome friends that bad you should be able to cut some kind of deal like massive guest list, free booze, VIP / backstage something or whatever.
    I mean, he is sort of ruining your 21st and all.

/spindoctor

6. pitts

pitts Member

been offered free entry for me 3 others and vip for all of us and a few free bottles of bubbly.

tbh im gunna fuck it off and get wrecked at mine wi my mates its probs the best option. There will be other oppourtunitys but not another 21st

7. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Speak to him, explain your situation and ask if you could do it another night

8. Joey AdhD

Joey AdhD sweaty scouser

jus tell him ya conundrum,

"listen mate, i really wanna DJ for ya, its gonna be a beast, but i have organised a party, which u are more then welcome to come over to and have a mix, sorry but i have been planning this for ages, if it wasnt happenin i would be all over aving a mix at youir parties, been to a few and they are banging, any chance of gettin on in the future? bit gutted this has clashed to be fair"

arse+lick=future sets.

9. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

house party, standard

10. Gumby

Gumby New Member

house party

11. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

There's always gonna be chances to play out, take Joey's advice and go enjoy your houseparty. Plus you will be able to do whatever you want at your gaff

12. Dagz

Dagz Well-Known Member

I had a house party for my 21 and i wouldnt of traded it for anything.

Still puts a smile on my face now thinking about it even tho the house got alittle messy the neighbours got alittle mad and at the end of the night most of us had been sick.

Good times

13. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

House Party.

This song pretty much explains how a house party is always the best option...

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZlYzMehohQ[/video]

14. DJ_NoZ

DJ_NoZ Rum & Ass

If it's a night that you're not really gonna enjoy then there's no point! Especially if you're gonna have to play tunes you don't really like, it'll come across in your set. Stick to what you enjoy and just have a sick house party!

15. Kobi

Kobi Member

Fuck playing if you won't enjoy it, have the party and just get wasted, if it means he won't ever book you because of it then he's a bit of a dick. Why do you wanna play at the afterparty anyway? won't you be mixing music that you hate/aren't familiar with

16. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

+1000 On the party

17. pitts

pitts Member

ended up ringing him thurs nite and saying pretty much this to him

had the house party and had a belter of a time ended up going on till sun afternoon which i def didnt expect to happen. Very glad i didnt do that set as i had an unforgettable weekend ill post sum pics from it in the post a pic thread sumtime this week