Help - win7 64bit sound card driver thingy

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
Hi,
To cut a long story short got a new pc its windows 7 64bit.
The sound card dont like ASIO drivers, my DAW would prefer ASIO and i wont go into the issues but its a pain in the ass.
My own fault i guess for not checking the card before i bought it - but hey who would know it wouldnt like asio.

So my question is:
Does anyone know a good sound card (external/internal dont care) that fully supports windows 7 64 bit ASIO drivers?
I can spend up to £200 to fix this.

cheers

this is my problem also, what soundcard have you got by the way?

Mine's a Komplete Audio 6, hate the lack of compatability with new windows then also the lack of backwards compatability with things, so annoying!

last pc was 32 bit XP and i had a sound blaster xi fi - worked like a charm
Sound blaster officially suck at 64 bit drivers. got some sb 3d shit card in mine now. fine for everything but producing - asio drivers have artifact n shit. stops sound as well when you switch to another program - meh
was gonna get that saffire 6 usb - but read that card's drivers are shit on 64 bit windows.
Hoping someone here has 64 bit windows and uses ASIO drivers?

M-Audio 2496 is a great internal soundcard, and cheap @£50 new if you search.

64bit drivers can be buggy sometimes, so go for a card thats a couple of years old so the drivers (should) be more stable

I use 64bit windows 7, with M-Audio, Focusrite and NI interfaces with not to many probs, the Focusrite occasionally freaks out

thanks elzerk and miszt <3
OK so focusrite sounds bad.
M-audio good.
Anyone else care to share their 64bit experiences?

Well I have a Windows 7 64bit OS and I'm using a M-Audio Fast Track... I don't really know if that helps you but I get a sound output without any problems :D

hi,
read some really bad reviews of M audio - something about a blast of white noise?
:( feel like im never gonna find a decent card - bloody 64 bit windows :antitank:

I've heard alot of slatings of M-Audio recently, but I own their Oxygen 25 MIDI controller and it's fantastic, really simple to set up, and sturdy and solid to use! That being said, I have yet to try any of their other products so I cant really comment too much on their overall branding. I cant imagine them making something so good like my controller, then making a shambles of something else surely?

dont know m8 - just been readin reviews of their audio interfaces when i am about to buy one.
i used to have an oxgen midi keyboard - was great.

M-Audio's external interfaces have a bit of a bad rep, but their internal Audiophile 2496 card is the bollox

M-Audio's external interfaces have a bit of a bad rep, but their internal Audiophile 2496 card is the bollox

but its so cheap... will do some reading up on that thanks m8

edit - just read on maplin website that they cant guarantee this works under windows 7.

FML

edit -
oohh found this ESI MAYA 44XTe PCIe Audio Interface - says supports windows7 64bit and ASIO2.
might have found a winner...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom