Help - win7 64bit sound card driver thingy

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
Hi,
To cut a long story short got a new pc its windows 7 64bit.
The sound card dont like ASIO drivers, my DAW would prefer ASIO and i wont go into the issues but its a pain in the ass.
My own fault i guess for not checking the card before i bought it - but hey who would know it wouldnt like asio.

So my question is:
Does anyone know a good sound card (external/internal dont care) that fully supports windows 7 64 bit ASIO drivers?
I can spend up to £200 to fix this.

cheers

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
this is my problem also, what soundcard have you got by the way?

Mine's a Komplete Audio 6, hate the lack of compatability with new windows then also the lack of backwards compatability with things, so annoying!

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
last pc was 32 bit XP and i had a sound blaster xi fi - worked like a charm
Sound blaster officially suck at 64 bit drivers. got some sb 3d shit card in mine now. fine for everything but producing - asio drivers have artifact n shit. stops sound as well when you switch to another program - meh
was gonna get that saffire 6 usb - but read that card's drivers are shit on 64 bit windows.
Hoping someone here has 64 bit windows and uses ASIO drivers?

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
M-Audio 2496 is a great internal soundcard, and cheap @£50 new if you search.

64bit drivers can be buggy sometimes, so go for a card thats a couple of years old so the drivers (should) be more stable

I use 64bit windows 7, with M-Audio, Focusrite and NI interfaces with not to many probs, the Focusrite occasionally freaks out

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
hi,
read some really bad reviews of M audio - something about a blast of white noise?
:( feel like im never gonna find a decent card - bloody 64 bit windows :antitank:

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I've heard alot of slatings of M-Audio recently, but I own their Oxygen 25 MIDI controller and it's fantastic, really simple to set up, and sturdy and solid to use! That being said, I have yet to try any of their other products so I cant really comment too much on their overall branding. I cant imagine them making something so good like my controller, then making a shambles of something else surely?

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
dont know m8 - just been readin reviews of their audio interfaces when i am about to buy one.
i used to have an oxgen midi keyboard - was great.

jimjimjim

oldskool
VIP Junglist
M-Audio's external interfaces have a bit of a bad rep, but their internal Audiophile 2496 card is the bollox
but its so cheap... will do some reading up on that thanks m8

edit - just read on maplin website that they cant guarantee this works under windows 7.

FML

edit -
oohh found this ESI MAYA 44XTe PCIe Audio Interface - says supports windows7 64bit and ASIO2.
might have found a winner...

Last edited: