Help Wanted

Scott Bradley

My son is about to order his 1st proper drum kit (as been using electric ones in his bedroom) which will be kept in our garage at the bottom of the garden which has concrete wall & asbestos roof, which is completely water tight. I have made a space in the garage but in the winter it gets cold. Can a set of drums withstand the cold & if so do I need to insulate the walls, if so with what does anyone suggest to use & what will stick to concrete? Please help!

My son is about to order his 1st proper drum kit (as been using electric ones in his bedroom) which will be kept in our garage at the bottom of the garden which has concrete wall & asbestos roof, which is completely water tight. I have made a space in the garage but in the winter it gets cold. Can a set of drums withstand the cold & if so do I need to insulate the walls, if so with what does anyone suggest to use & what will stick to concrete? Please help!

id say the drum skins would be affected in the cold...

what sticks to concrete.. how about some carpet, some bolts and some big giant washers.. maybe egg cups somewhere if you want soundproofing!

but keeping the cold out will be difficult... maybe make this outside room heated somehow?

also this isn't a 'drum' forum.. its about a genre of music called drum and bass...

but we'll help you anyways (y)

Back
Top Bottom