Help! Turntable Volume Differences

Jerel

Yer mom
Been having this problem for a bit. One of my turntables plays noticeably quieter than the other one does. I've tried switching the tables around so that they were on opposite channels than before, but the same table still plays quieter, hence mixer issues can be ruled out. (Yes, both channels were at exactly the same levels for gain, high, mid & low, just to state that before I get asked.) I just got new stylii (styluses?) so the needle shouldn't be the problem either. I tried cleaning the tonearm connections with an eraser, but that didn't seem to help either. Anyone got a clue what could be wrong, and how I could fix it?

I'd email Technics or whoever makes yer tables..

Prolly those dirty Vestax klusta is always bangin' on about ;)

Make sure all your connections are good and make sure the line in\outs are right on your mixer too(like PH3\LN3)ect.

sdm said:
I'd email Technics or whoever makes yer tables..

Prolly those dirty Vestax klusta is always bangin' on about ;)
:lol: :finger: pure dirt they r, bet u they're technics that r fucked.

pretty simple, turn ya gain up on that dec :)

I've been turning up the gain for the past few weeks, but it gets annoying trying to figure out how much louder it needs to be on certain records at certain levels. The crappy mixer I've got now doesn't let you hear the eq's in the headphones (damn Vestax). The thing that gets me is that this *just* happened, with no warning nor cause as far as I can tell. At least it's still playable, although with a bit more work.

(Btw, yes, they are Technics, and this is the first thing that's ever gone wrong with them. I bought em used 3 years ago, though they were already a few years old then.)

Edit: Oh, @ Esta - yeah, all the connections are clean, and set right. The only thing I've still to try is re-cleaning the tonearm connections, and switching the styli around to see if it's the cart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom