Help trying to get a wav sample to fit my break

ac

This is it (don't laugh I reckon it is OK :))

Sara (WIP)

If I move the key of the sample up it starts fine then quickly goes out of sync. go down and it's fucked. I have no idea how to get a wav to the same tempo as my break so it fits perfectly. Please help :(

The problem is, it changes tempo all the time. So if anyone is kind enough to do the Undertaker theme for me, I would be most grateful. (170bpm please)

you will need to chop the sample up into smaller parts (ie 4 bar parts) and stretch them all to fit into the 4 bars, done correctly it should sound seamless.

you will need to chop the sample up into smaller parts (ie 4 bar parts) and stretch them all to fit into the 4 bars, done correctly it should sound seamless.

Yep. You can use recycle, or your DAW (not sure what you're using, I use Cubase SX3 & Reason so its hitpoints & recycle for me, I think FL has the Fruity Slicer?!) should have some sort of chopping feature.
Be wary of just doing a straight timestretch on it tho' as things can get ugly pretty quickly lol

HTH

Upload the WAV and I'll do it. Definitely 170 bpm?

Thats a helpful thing to do but might you be better off letting them do it for themselves? For learning purposes I mean (not trying to be rude or anything mate) as the best way to improve yer skills is to learn by doing y'know?

peace

I agree. Its not a very difficult thing to do if you have the right software/tools to timestretch the sample. Just offering while I'm in work and not doing much.

If the offer's still up Gloxxy, it would be most appreciated. This is the Organ sample.

And this is the Break WAV for you to use as a guide. 170bpm definitely.

I have a friend working on a separate synth for the break but this one is my own personal little project.

Cheers. If you can't, don't worry, it's cool :)

Back
Top Bottom