help to make my tracks roll

Benny.C.

hello people i am a small time producer i ave made tunes that r ok but always lacking in the hats and breaks please help me cus i cant seem to get past it no matter wot i do still cant get that sound of the hats rolling wiv the snare to give that sound of the beats pushing forward please please sumone help

Detune the rides, quantize them, and hipass them. If you don't what those mean, then you may want to wait till it comes naturaly, or find out.

But also, hipass a premade break loop at like 5000hz to fill in some gaps and give it a bit of flavor. One last thing, resample, and resample

revtech rinsin tings!
also revtech wat u use to produce?
i was finkin a collab is in order!

to get movement and flow in ur beats it can take a lot of practice until u develop a "feel" for it but generally things that i would suggest (ignore the ones u already doing lol)

change ur velocities of ur hats / ghost hits to create like a stutter kinda effect, so ur beats don't sound too robotic

layer several hi passed breaks (all chopped up and complimenting the same main rhythm) try adjusting the filter cut off on each break so that u have a good variety in the mid range as well as the hi's

also using kicks as ghosts can help too just make sure the ghosts are fairly short in comparison to ur main kick hits

the main idea is to get all ur elements to gel and flow as one piece while trying to maybe make some subtle changes on the 16th / 32ths for that extra bit of movement,

hopefully some of this waffle will make sense, if not soz! :D

@rectech: seems like youre getting to know your stuff ;)

btw, just read it over and over again, what do you guys mean by "ghost-hits"?

think i know what you mean, but im not sure.

imagine if you will, hitting a snare drum with force. Then imagine gently dropping the stick on a snare drum, maybe the center or near the rim to accent the transient - that's the ghost hit. Also imagine hitting the Hi-hat closed with force. Then imagine gently tapping it while holding it closed or mildly closed. that's another ghost hit. These ghost snares and hihat hits make up those rolls in breaks.

revtech rinsin tings!
also revtech wat u use to produce?
i was finkin a collab is in order!

Damn right bout time. I use FL, trying out Reaper right now without much luck. I will try logic later too.

Message me an lets get messy basslines rollin

my mate gave me an amen kit to run thru kontakt, use a gd amen kit and put other snares for the splashy feel over it. the bass drum and realistic snare brushes is how i made my jungle finaly flow. took long tings tho!

:andy: check my new dustep/breakbeat/summin else track at www.myspace.com/mistamisfeet :wave:

peace

Back
Top Bottom