HELP:Technoid tutorial? What does dnb consist of?

Ohmicid

Hey!
Me again... I was wondering if anyone has any tips/tutorials for Reason on how to make Technoid Drum and Bass (no, it's not jump up or neurofunk)... And I also want someone to explain on what does DNB consist such as:
Bass
Pluck
Pad Synth
Subbass
Vocals

Drum and Bass can consist of pretty much anything within the tempo of 170-175ish bpm so the elements within are up to you (other than drums and bass). For tutorials I would recommend the boyinaband ones on youtube, he doesn't have a specific one for technoid I believe but alot of the stuff is translatable between genres.

Your best option is to scan through and search the forum. There is also a sticky on the production page specifically designed for people getting into the DnB production game.

Cheers.

I have been making drum and bass for a couple of years. If I could sound like anybody it would be neonlights meets london electricty. Instead I sound like this. http://soundcloud.com/iv4
I have a long time to go until I make the kind of tracks that I wish I could. My point is this takes a lot of trial and error. Learn to do what you can when you can. Any style can incorporate all styles and the more you learn about everything the better you will make anything. I hope this helps. And does not sound like a bunch of bull shit.

I have been making drum and bass for a couple of years. If I could sound like anybody it would be neonlights meets london electricty. Instead I sound like this. http://soundcloud.com/iv4
I have a long time to go until I make the kind of tracks that I wish I could. My point is this takes a lot of trial and error. Learn to do what you can when you can. Any style can incorporate all styles and the more you learn about everything the better you will make anything. I hope this helps. And does not sound like a bunch of bull shit.
It makes perfect sense to me, thanks! :D

Download the Matrix and Futurebound remix pack, it's not 'technoid' but it'll help you understand how a tune is arranged. You could even try recreating each element yourself and substituting it for theirs to see if you can maintain the feel of the track.

Drum and bass consist pretty in what his name say :) tight drums and a solid fat bass, if correctly equalized and mixed those two "instruments" could be enough... then you could add some pads for intro and breakdown and a lead to spice the melody this could work but i think there's really no "ready to go" recipes, just experiment with everything till you'r happy...

there's a producer called Wilkinson (most of you surely already know him) he made a tune
out of a blender... yeah...

i now this is not about technoid and i'm not sure what you mean for "technoid" there are some different opinions and personally i mean something like Receptor here
, if so nothing so simple! and if you are on reason is really easy it's pretty all about sidechaining a tube/tape saturated reese to a simple drum/snare beat add some hats with a rex patch ;) and start from there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Take three parts drums and add equal measures of your favourite bass, chuck in a few samples, mixdown at 300 degrees for four days straight then spin it on vinyl in a club at 33 RPM for great justice.

Back
Top Bottom